How much longer does he have?

Ashes

Jul 19, 2022
Hi update on my bird, I noticed today he's starting to hang around on the bottom of the cage and I know they only do that when they are ill or hurt (I've had lots of parakeets before) but he's still eating and moving around. Anybody know how much time he has left? I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for his passing.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
It's really difficult to say for sure how much longer your little one has. We once had a budgie called Pete, who contracted testicular cancer, and his vet treated him for it for well over a year. Finally one day he started plucking the feathers out of his abdomen which was a sign that the pain meds we gave him daily just weren't enough any more, and even though his little body just didn't want to quit, it was quite evident to us and his vet that he had had enough, and we had to make that decision for him. Maybe the following guide from my vet's website might help you ...

Sending prayers for your little one, and hugs for you and wishing you both all the very best ❤️

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Ahhh ,well, I had a bird named hope before she died she stayed at the bottom of the cage so all I can say is go to the vet and if the time comes, know she's flying high and all I can do is pray for your little buddy, hopefully she gets better, prayers and hugs 💕 💕 💕 🙏🙏🙏❤️.

Most Reactions