May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I brought my budgies to a different (and much better) vet today. It all went well, and I have new meds. He seemed very knowledgeable and has his own bird, a sun conure. Anyhow, questions:
  • Picasso won't stop squirming when I give meds, no matter how well I hold her. She also literally starts passing out halfway through. She's fine with being cuddled, so what's the problem? I don't hold her any harder then my other birds.
  • She also sneezes when Baytril is less than six inches away from her. Does anyone know why?
  • How do I get over the anxiety of giving them (especially her) meds? I'll usually have a mild anxiety attack (feeling like I can't breathe, that horrible gut feeling, etc) whenever I give them meds, and I think they're picking up on that and stressing more. Deep breaths don't really help.

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy, I can tell you I feel the same way when I have to treat mine! The only thing that helps is knowing I'm doing it for their own good.

I hope they start feeling better
Pepper just had ANOTHER anxiety attack, wedged himself behind my toad tank, and nearly died. I really need some suggestions on what to do for his anxiety, desensitization doesn't help.

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
This could help;
Could, but budgies would have to open their beaks very wide for it to happen. Thanks for the vid, though, I'll check it out!

Most Reactions

Latest posts