Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
First of all, we really need an artistic section for all the artists out here on the forum!

Enjoy a simple and silly tutorial on how to draw a Senegal parrot! (It was a joke for my partner, but I really wanna share with you guys! And yes, I see sennies as little triangles. Hence the joke. I need a life :'D And I hope Aina doesn't haunt me.)

1632858683643.png

Here's some bonus doodles from today's work break!
1632858735479.png
1632858796982.png

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Why does everyone think that drawing shouldn't come with refferences :'D That is a number 1 thing!!! And I mean DRAW while looking at the picture rather than tracing!!! (Tracing is often seen in canvas paintings as a base - however that's quite different)

Bluequaker2022

Sep 28, 2021
Parrots
Blue quaker
2 bidges
Why does everyone think that drawing shouldn't come with refferences :'D That is a number 1 thing!!! And I mean DRAW while looking at the picture rather than tracing!!! (Tracing is often seen in canvas paintings as a base - however that's quite different)
I use a reference for all my drawing just about and sometimes multiple. I used to draw something out on paper then use transfer paper and trace it on to some other surface then airbrush it on.

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I don't think it is bad - but I'm writing own fanfiction series and I wanted to draw some scenes - but to do it I need to learn drawing without references ;) (because it is hard to find a photo with similar pose like in my mind, at this moment I gave up, but maybe after finishing writing I'll try drawing scenes again)

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Why does everyone think that drawing shouldn't come with refferences :'D That is a number 1 thing!!! And I mean DRAW while looking at the picture rather than tracing!!! (Tracing is often seen in canvas paintings as a base - however that's quite different

I don't think it is bad - but I'm writing own fanfiction series and I wanted to draw some scenes - but to do it I need to learn drawing without references ;) (because it is hard to find a photo with similar pose like in my mind, at this moment I gave up, but maybe after finishing writing I'll try drawing scenes again)
Excatly i just didnt know how to explain it
i want to make a comic about my birds
like chicken thoughts did

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Excatly i just didnt know how to explain it
i want to make a comic about my birds
like chicken thoughts did
I love Chicken Thoughts!
I also was thinking about making some comic samples, but at this moment I don't have time enough and first I need to train single scenes.

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
I love Chicken Thoughts!
I also was thinking about making some comic samples, but at this moment I don't have time enough and first I need to train single scenes.
same here
and i really need to work on my cartoony bird skills

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
I love Chicken Thoughts!
have you ever seen potatopato?
i love her so much here she is if you haven't

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
have you ever seen potatopato?
i love her so much here she is if you haven't
The name doesn't seem to be familiar to me but after checking it I think I've seen it somewhere.

I'll tell more precisely: this what I had written about thinking to draw comics samples - I didn't mean bird comics. In my fanfic there are few parrot characters (at this moment 12, but they aren't main). But I've made two drawings of two parrot characters (not including two drawings in my primitive way from 2012-2013), they are based on already existing photos

Most Reactions

Latest posts