How to give attention to two birds?

Amberling

Jun 5, 2022
Parrots
Budgie/Parakeet
Currently, I have a budgie and planning to get another bird in the far future (still got a lot of learning and research to do), and I learned that you have to quarantine your new bird before introducing each other. My budgie gets loud and doesn't like to be alone for long, but I need to put in the time to be near the bird that is quarantining, so it can get used to my presence.
The real question is, how can I give attention to two birds in different rooms? :unsure: If only there were two of me's.

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Well you can schedule a routine for each budgie
example
10 am give attention to the new bird for 30 mins
11 am give attention to the old bird for 1 hour
and so on
and I learned that you have to quarantine your new bird before introducing each other.
Yes it has to be at least 30 days

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
The split schedule suggested is your best bet, though of course, you can set the times that work best for you. I've been living with two parrots for a few years now, and it's still challenging to give them both roughly equal attention. The biggest challenge comes when they both demand attention at the same time. That happens a lot. 😊

Most Reactions

Latest posts