Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I'm thinking you don't lol. Buddy has been very clingy and this morning he HAD to be on my shoulder. Now Buddy is mild compared to other amazons but this morning oh my goodness, he was into things like never before. If I had a brush in my hand he had to touch it. Putting on mascara I had to chase him away because he wanted to grab the handle, not the brush end but still no touching! He barked at me when I chased him away. Really? Your barking? You've been hanging with the dogs too much. I offered him a peanut, forget it, he decided to work on removing my hair clip. Fun times and I'm glad he's being more curious but that means I have to really watch him when he's out of his cage visiting.

Amanda_Bennett

Sep 27, 2014
Gresham, OR
Parrots
Zilla 29 Y.O. Orange Wing Amazon
Zilla is like that!

What's hers is hers and what's mine is also hers! I basically have nothing that isn't hers anymore! My hair, my eyeballs, hair clips, my phone, zippers, buttons, all hers!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
That is what I call "amazon clingy bird syndrome." My BFA was a velcro bird. My RLA gets clingy like this sometimes...

During breeding season, they tended to become my "ear muffs." (Amazon jealousy issues being what they are... pick up one, pick up the other.)

Fortunately, I don't wear makeup.

But they did shower with me in the mornings... and amazons are VERY funny birds in the shower. It helps to start your mornings off with laughter!

Funny thing was, I didn't blow dry my own hair in the morning. But I did blow dry the zons...

Go figure!

Last edited:

PetoftheDay

Dec 27, 2010
Boston area, MA
But they did shower with me in the mornings... and amazons are VERY funny birds in the shower. It helps to start your mornings off with laughter!

Funny thing was, I didn't blow dry my own hair in the morning. But I did blow dry the zons...

Go figure!

They have you well trained! Your username isn't Birdman666 for nothin'!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I'm thinking you don't lol. Buddy has been very clingy and this morning he HAD to be on my shoulder. Now Buddy is mild compared to other amazons but this morning oh my goodness, he was into things like never before. If I had a brush in my hand he had to touch it. Putting on mascara I had to chase him away because he wanted to grab the handle, not the brush end but still no touching! He barked at me when I chased him away. Really? Your barking? You've been hanging with the dogs too much. I offered him a peanut, forget it, he decided to work on removing my hair clip. Fun times and I'm glad he's being more curious but that means I have to really watch him when he's out of his cage visiting.

Haha, maybe Buddy's considering a career in cosmetology! Gee Mom, let me help with that, you'll look marvelous!

Most Reactions