Humdity Level for Incubation of Eclectus Eggs

Edd

Aug 23, 2012
Hello! My Name is EDD
I am the Proud Grandpa of Two Eclectus Eggs. Both are Viable. I am Planning to Incubate Them at about 10 Days Old. Does Anyone Know what Humidity Level I should Keep the Eggs At? I know the Temp Should be 98.6 F but could not find the Correct Humidity Level fot the Incubator.
This is Her third Time Laying of a Clutch of 2 Eggs. Her other Eggs were Viable they did not make it to Hatching as the Mother would get off the Eggs at about the Pipping Time. So My Wife and I are going to Try and help this time.
We Tried to NEVER interfered with their hatching before except a quick Candeling about every 10 days or so. We are so hopeful each time to have some Babies get Born. Thank You, Eddie:green:
***Hi Again I am so Sorry I didn't explain Myself very Well the 1st Time. Our Sweet Eclectus Girl Rosebud had actually layed 3 Clutches before this Clutch. There was a single Egg on her first try and it was like all others very Fertile. We have tried to allow Our very spoiled Birds to have their Time alone with their Mates. Miss Rosebud has been so good at training the Father Eclectus to Feed her at her Door Opening. He knocks on the box and She comes out to Eat.
I began to believe that Rosebud was getting afraid of hearing these babies begin to try to Pip Out then She seems to leave the Eggs alone. Both Birds Were raised to Eat Together and lived in the same Cage with another Owner.

They came to Us wanting to be Parents. They came in a Small Cage. We Immediately gave them a Luxery Sized Home to be able to fly in their Cage and they immediately enjoyed having so much space.
Each time the Baby Egglets got to about 24-28 days they would begin to Peck then She would go off the Eggs before they even broke through the Eggs Shell. We wanted them to Pip out on their own if at all possible.

We tried giving the Eckkies a long break (VACATION) from their Box. We wanted to be certain they stayed healthy and good Weight on both Parents. Well after a long time I saw them Breeding once again I knew it was time to put their Breeding Box inside their Cage once again but put in Fake Eggs to try and stop her wanting to lay. For a little bit She sat on the Fake Eggs just fine.

Both Parents seem to do things really Well until their last Week of Sitting on her Eggs. She even allows her Husband to come into the box and Sleep at her door. This time after another few weeks She began to Lay again even with the Fake Eggs inside. So here We are again and after about 10 days to 12 days I Candled this Clutch of Eggs and they are Very Fertile. We Decided to help her out this time by helping near the 20th Days close to the final Week. My Wife has hand fed Moluccan Cockatoos and other Parrots for over 30 years so She can help Feed if Our Tiny Eckkies make it out of the Eggs.
I just want to check and see if the Humidity is the same as other Parrots. We do have a lot of time with Birds but the Ecklectus would be Our 1st of this Breed.

Right now We mostly have Parrots that have lost their Humans to Old Age, Poor Health etc. I wanted to explain why We wanted to Interfere this time as I believed the Eclectus would get it right over the last couple Years. Sadly something goes wrong right at the End. I do think the Mother get afraid at the Very End as She does leave the Eggs to get cold then they die. The Temperatures and the Humidity is great. I read where someone is misting the Eggs in the Nest. Rosebud has began to take heavy baths where at first She would not bath from what I saw. Thanks Edd for listening to me Yack on and on! Any help is appreciated! Kindest Regards All

Last edited:

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
I can't give you info on the temperature, but good luck with the eggs and I hope the babies grow happy and healthy. :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Hello! My Name is EDD
I am the Proud Grandpa of Two Eclectus Eggs. Both are Viable. I am Planning to Incubate Them at about 10 Days Old. Does Anyone Know what Humidity Level I should Keep the Eggs At? I know the Temp Should be 98.6 F but could not find the Correct Humidity Level fot the Incubator.
This is Her third Time Laying and though the Eggs were Viable they were not able to Pip Out. So I am Going to be able to watch them this time and hopfully have some Babies get Born. Thank You, Eddie:green:
progress.gif

A lot of times it has to do with the humidity level why the eggs don't hatch. I personally spray my eggs with a spray bottle on a daily basis to help with that issue and I was successfully hatching all the chicks with this method. I have never used a incubator to hatch out eggs so I am not able to help with that issue....

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
A lot of times it has to do with the humidity level why the eggs don't hatch. I personally spray my eggs with a spray bottle on a daily basis to help with that issue and I was successfully hatching all the chicks with this method. I have never used a incubator to hatch out eggs so I am not able to help with that issue....

Do you do this with eggs the parents are looking after?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.

Do you do this with eggs the parents are looking after?

Yes! I keep a spray bottle handy to do so....It works quite well...

Most Reactions