hyacinth macaw question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul92

Feb 13, 2023
Parrots
Wavy parrot
hello who has hyacinth macaw egg to hatch for sale?
It is my very big dream to have this.

Attachments

• Anodorhynchus_hyacinthinus_-Disney_-Florida-8 (1).jpg
    Anodorhynchus_hyacinthinus_-Disney_-Florida-8 (1).jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 49

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Welcome to the forum!
There is no one who is legitimate who would sell parrot eggs of any kind. Sadly, the ads you may see elsewhere from people offering eggs are scams.

OP
P

Paul92

Feb 13, 2023
Parrots
Wavy parrot
Welcome to the forum!
There is no one who is legitimate who would sell parrot eggs of any kind. Sadly, the ads you may see elsewhere from people offering eggs are scams.
Thanks for answer. I wonder if you know the value of this type of bats? There are different prices in the internet space

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Thanks for answer. I wonder if you know the value of this type of bats? There are different prices in the internet space
Getting a hyacinth from a reliable source will usually cost 10kUSD+
Also depending on where you are in the world you might need a permit to keep them.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm in Canada and they're at minimum $15,000 here.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Buying parrot eggs anywhere is a total 100% scam. And Hyacinth Macaws are gigantic birds especially compared to your wavy parrot (parakeet / budgie).

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
There is for sure no one selling hyancith macaw eggs! They’re very rare in the pet trade and hatching success rate would be so poor compared to letting the female hatch it out, and the difference in salability for weaned and hand raised hyancith versus trying to sell an egg online is so great no one with a breeding pair would bother.

Not to mention, I would assume most hyancith macaw breeders have waitlists, deposits and a lot of vetting! When you have a parrot that costs as much as a small sedan, you want to be sure the prospective buyer can actually pay you…

I think there’s actually a hy breeder near me, based on the fact that I’ve met at least two Hyanciths in person owned by local folks. Never bothered to ask about it though, they’re too big for me and too expensive, haha.

Joi2fine

Mar 12, 2023
You might want to check Rescues... Ive actually run into 3 hyanciths at one rescue.. I'm in CA and Parrot rescues are a dime a dozen here. They are a bit too big for my taste, but beautiful and adopting one from a rescue is ALOT cheaper that buying one from anywhere.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
You might want to check Rescues... Ive actually run into 3 hyanciths at one rescue.. I'm in CA and Parrot rescues are a dime a dozen here. They are a bit too big for my taste, but beautiful and adopting one from a rescue is ALOT cheaper that buying one from anywhere.
Wow! I can't imagine seeing a Hy at a rescue here, much less 3 of them!

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Honestly I don't think I've seen a single hyacinth macaw that wasn't a rescue / in a rescue. but also my state has pretty strict laws about hyacinths and you need to have a permit to own them.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Wow, that’s crazy! I’ve only ever met privately owned Hys. Both are in good health and meticulously cared for. They’re like the fancy sports car of macaws, haha. They were both extremely sweet also, in spite of being ginormous.

Reno/SparksNV

Dec 16, 2023
Parrots
Blue and gold macaw
Which rescue?

AviaryByTheSea

Feb 26, 2017
NJ - New Jersey
Parrots
Macaws
hello who has hyacinth macaw egg to hatch for sale?
It is my very big dream to have this.
If you managed to get a fertile egg I would be surprised. I know several hyacinth macaw breeders… they would never part with an egg.

But on the very remote chance you actually did get one and you managed to incubate it properly and the newborn survived hatching. You would probably kill. Hyacinths are the most difficult of all macaws to feed

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Locking this thread. Parrot eggs are a scam, especially for hyacynth macaws and leaving this thread open only invites furth misinformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions