4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
Hello. I come with a VERY important life story of how I did animal cruelty and how a new bird changed every thing!

about 4 years back I adopted Andy Squawkers the fancy parakeet. I didn't even show much appreciation to birds. so I thought you could just stuff them in cages and chuck so seed at them and I didn't think twice about it. fast forward 4 years and me and my family adopted Sky Child. I researched for a whole long week about how to take care of two birds in the same cage. And I was shocked to discover that I got sidetracked and discovered that it's cruel to stuff a smart creature such as a parakeet in a cage and call it that. Sky and Andy are so blessed that I can now take care of them like a real parent.

thank you for reading this.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
It is fair to say that what you did is so very common. Far from correct, but sadly common!

It is likely that you have seen an amazing turnaround is activity and if you are lucky, a willingness to interact with you.

Welcome to the Light! You have learned a life lessen that you will learn applies to more than just Parrots. The same things apply to Humans!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I think it's brave to admit this.

Especially posting here, Where everyone loves birds. I commend you. And I think your off to a good new start! Trophy to you.

Most Reactions