Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
2022 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Fairfield Connecticut, USA
Parrots
Maddox is a green cheek conure
My mom just sent me this picture of my boy Maddox, and I miss him so bad it's killing me. I just started my semester abroad in Costa Rica, and I am terrified that he won't remember me when I get home in December. Maddox has been my rock and best friend and not having him here when I need him most is killing me. Please someone tell me that my best friend will still know who I am when I get back to him.

Attachments

• IMG_1810 (1).jpg
    IMG_1810 (1).jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 62

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
He will remember you.

But I understand......

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
My mom just sent me this picture of my boy Maddox, and I miss him so bad it's killing me. I just started my semester abroad in Costa Rica, and I am terrified that he won't remember me when I get home in December. Maddox has been my rock and best friend and not having him here when I need him most is killing me. Please someone tell me that my best friend will still know who I am when I get back to him.
He will! It may take him a little bit to warm back up, but he won't forget you. Hope it gets easier for you!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Long time ago we had a Quaker, who we had to rehome. 1 year later, the neighbor who took him brought him out. SHe said 'oh he doesn't like anyone but me'. But i was able to hold him and even put him on his back in my hand, like we used to do. Your parrot will remember you.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
My Quaker, Lucy, remembered my old roommate after not seeing him for ten + years. He was her second favorite person (after me) and she was so happy and said some old old phrases she had not used for years.

Your conure will remember you! He might be a bit confused at first but I bet he will be so happy you are back! Don’t worry. You have a great opportunity to travel before you have a home and family and you need to take it.

(I also understand how you feel. I hate to be away from my birds. Just the little rustles they make in their cage tells me I am at home.)

OP
maddox

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
2022 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Fairfield Connecticut, USA
Parrots
Maddox is a green cheek conure
My Quaker, Lucy, remembered my old roommate after not seeing him for ten + years. He was her second favorite person (after me) and she was so happy and said some old old phrases she had not used for years.

Your conure will remember you! He might be a bit confused at first but I bet he will be so happy you are back! Don’t worry. You have a great opportunity to travel before you have a home and family and you need to take it.

(I also understand how you feel. I hate to be away from my birds. Just the little rustles they make in their cage tells me I am at home.)
Thanks so much Heather! That honestly does make me feel better. I miss him so much but I am really enjoying my time here.

Most Reactions