I Am Looking To Adopt A Male Eclectus

Tom Z

Jan 16, 2023
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot Male
Good morning everyone. I am interested in adopting a male Eclectus. My Eclectus passed away unexpectedly very recently. I was totally shocked as he had a complete physical exam and bloodwork only three weeks prior and was given a clean bill of health. My previous Eclectus was a rescue and I have a strong preference for adoption. I have nothing against breeders, however; I feel it is much more important to obtain a bird that is being reformed for one reason or another. I work from a office in my home nd consequently have the ability to be with him all day. He will be welcomed in a loving home that can provide all the attention he could ever ask for. I am a fanatic about following the Eclectus diet and everything is completely organic. My little boy was taken to Kensington Bird and Animal Hospital in Berlin, CT four times a year. I am located in Connecticut. You can contact me here. Thank you.

Attachments

• 209C2E94-1AA1-4E9F-8840-EE607C096B71.jpeg
    209C2E94-1AA1-4E9F-8840-EE607C096B71.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Very sorry for your recent loss! As you know, it is very unusual for a healthy Parrot to die within weeks of receiving a Clean Bill of Health! Prior to bring a Parrot into your home, you may want to undertake a detailed review of your home looking for a possible fast acting Toxic and/or Poisons.

Remember to check with your Avian Medical Expert as they are commonly in the loop of individuals looking to re-home their Parrots. Also, be open to a Parrot that finds you interesting (wants to choose you) as it is very possible that another species may just find you very interesting.

Hey, I get the love of a specific species, as I'm an Amazon Snob!!

OP
T

Tom Z

Jan 16, 2023
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot Male
Very sorry for your recent loss! As you know, it is very unusual for a healthy Parrot to die within weeks of receiving a Clean Bill of Health! Prior to bring a Parrot into your home, you may want to undertake a detailed review of your home looking for a possible fast acting Toxic and/or Poisons.

Remember to check with your Avian Medical Expert as they are commonly in the loop of individuals looking to re-home their Parrots. Also, be open to a Parrot that finds you interesting (wants to choose you) as it is very possible that another species may just find you very interesting.

Hey, I get the love of a specific species, as I'm an Amazon Snob!!
Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, I have been racking my brain and thinking about anything that may have been different. I have been so fanatical about everything in my home so as to protect him and keep him safe (Most be people think everything Is overkill and way too fanatical). I just took his care so seriously as he was truly my little boy. He was always out of his cage as I work in an office from my home. Always on my shoulder. As a matter of fact he always participated in my daily zoom meetings that my company has. He became an instant hit with everyone. I adopted him when he was three and was In very poor condition when I got him. My vet said she couldn’t believe how quickly I turned him into a “new” bird. He would have been 14 this May. I agree with you that sometimes it is important for the bird to choose you regardless of species (although I just love the personality and overall demeanor of the Eclectus). They are such little sweethearts. I am open to other possibilities. (As a side note, here is a photo of him with his piano. Yes, “his piano”. He claimed ownership of it and would love to play whenever he got a chance….LOL. He wouldn’t let anyone else touch his piano (with the exception of me)

Attachments

• 3FDD9576-D86D-4709-B156-E79A077A8FFE.jpeg
    3FDD9576-D86D-4709-B156-E79A077A8FFE.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 47

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I totally understand the attraction for ekkie personality! They truly have a different way about them that I adore. I never planned on being a multi bird person, but things happen, and here I am with three. My ekkie, Tucker, my YNA, Baxter, and now my sweet little grey, Avery. Completely different personalities, and I love them all for who they are. :)

OP
T

Tom Z

Jan 16, 2023
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot Male
I totally understand the attraction for ekkie personality! They truly have a different way about them that I adore. I never planned on being a multi bird person, but things happen, and here I am with three. My ekkie, Tucker, my YNA, Baxter, and now my sweet little grey, Avery. Completely different personalities, and I love them all for who they are. :)
That’s awesome! I’m so glad I found this forum. My friends and family don’t really seem to understand. I do have one friend that has gotten to know Jesse over the years. He fell in love with him and said he has never looked at birds the same way again. He now has two birds as well.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Haha, you've found a place where people get it. You're among like minded friends, and we're happy you found us :)

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, I have been racking my brain and thinking about anything that may have been different. I have been so fanatical about everything in my home so as to protect him and keep him safe (Most be people think everything Is overkill and way too fanatical). I just took his care so seriously as he was truly my little boy. He was always out of his cage as I work in an office from my home. Always on my shoulder. As a matter of fact he always participated in my daily zoom meetings that my company has. He became an instant hit with everyone. I adopted him when he was three and was In very poor condition when I got him. My vet said she couldn’t believe how quickly I turned him into a “new” bird. He would have been 14 this May. I agree with you that sometimes it is important for the bird to choose you regardless of species (although I just love the personality and overall demeanor of the Eclectus). They are such little sweethearts. I am open to other possibilities. (As a side note, here is a photo of him with his piano. Yes, “his piano”. He claimed ownership of it and would love to play whenever he got a chance….LOL. He wouldn’t let anyone else touch his piano (with the exception of me)
It sounds like your boy birdie had a lot of character. I am so sorry for his early demise. You will never know what caused his passing but he may have had a birth defect, developed some random cancer, or had some damage from his difficult first years. But it sounds like you took care of him very well. I hope you can stop wracking your brains.

I really love Quakers, and also enjoy the mellowness of Pionus. I haven’t owned many bigger birds, but I think everyone’s personality clicks with some species better than others. I am still “getting to know” my Meyers parrot, Jasper, and he’s out on my hand right now, clicking his beak occasionally.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so very sorry for your tragic loss.

Are there any rescues at all in your area? I'm in Canada, and some people take their birds to the humane society here.

I'm so glad you joined us and I hope you're able to find an ekkie soon.

OP
T

Tom Z

Jan 16, 2023
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot Male
It sounds like your boy birdie had a lot of character. I am so sorry for his early demise. You will never know what caused his passing but he may have had a birth defect, developed some random cancer, or had some damage from his difficult first years. But it sounds like you took care of him very well. I hope you can stop wracking your brains.

I really love Quakers, and also enjoy the mellowness of Pionus. I haven’t owned many bigger birds, but I think everyone’s personality clicks with some species better than others. I am still “getting to know” my Meyers parrot, Jasper, and he’s out on my hand right now, clicking his beak occasionally.
Thank you so much. It sounds like you really love your babies as I did mine. No doubt his early years were very tough with his first owner and was in very poor condition when I first got him. I took so much pride in is care. you are right about how we just click with certain species. I just love the personality and demeanor of the Ekkies. Thank you.

OP
T

Tom Z

Jan 16, 2023
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot Male
I'm so very sorry for your tragic loss.

Are there any rescues at all in your area? I'm in Canada, and some people take their birds to the humane society here.

I'm so glad you joined us and I hope you're able to find an ekkie soon.
There are a couple of rescues in the Connecticut area where I am located and also one in Rhode Island. I’ll be keeping my eye out for sure.
Thank you.

Most Reactions

Latest posts