I cannot wait!

nanachi

Dec 9, 2019
I get my bird today!
As some of you may know I have been preparing for a cockatiel baby for some time now. It was a close decision between a ā€˜tiel and a conure, but considering some of the noise conures are capable of, my family decided on a cute white face baby. :grey:
After my classes I get him today around three!
The breeder said he is weaned (the other sibling still needs comfort feedings) as well as clipped, 8 weeks old and is apparently a very cuddly baby!
I cannot explain how excited I am.
Here is a photo of the baby from the breeder, and a photo of the cage I have set up.
Any name suggestions? So far I like Floyd (big Pink Floyd fan here! :p) but Iā€™m not set on anything in particular. Cannot wait to bring this little guy home! :D

Last edited:
OP
N

nanachi

Dec 9, 2019
Whoops, somehow my cage photo came through sideways! Sorry about that, not sure of how to fix it! :s

Emberamazing

Mar 29, 2017
British Columbia
Parrots
None for now.
WOO! Hope you and your new friend have a wonderful and happy time together! Floyd sounds adorable. It's also an interesting sound that will easily catch his attention. Congrats my friend!

OP
N

nanachi

Dec 9, 2019
WOO! Hope you and your new friend have a wonderful and happy time together! Floyd sounds adorable. It's also an interesting sound that will easily catch his attention. Congrats my friend!

Thank you so much!
I have a three week break off school and Iā€™m hoping it gives us plenty of time to form a tight bond! :grey:

Emberamazing

Mar 29, 2017
British Columbia
Parrots
None for now.

Thank you so much!
I have a three week break off school and Iā€™m hoping it gives us plenty of time to form a tight bond! :grey:

Should be enough time to get used to each other. There's nothing more exiting than having that birb in your home for the first time.

OP
N

nanachi

Dec 9, 2019

Thank you so much!

Should be enough time to get used to each other. There's nothing more exiting than having that birb in your home for the first time.

He is very scared. Doing velociraptor screams and head bobbing. Iā€™m not sure entirely what to do, sitting with him and talking to him calmly.
I am glad I got him out, the home seemed to be kind of messy and the travel cage I received reeks of ammonia.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
It's ok. It's a big day for him!!! Try and keep things calm around him, maybe drape the back half if the cage. Millit is a yummy yummy and night tempt him to nibble and relax. Just keep sitting with him a d talking to him. If he is used to being out with a human then get him out in a closed room and just you two and sit and talk with him. If he is still getting comfort feeding then try that. It takes a day or two to settle. Poor guy who wouldn't be a little scared on moving day..
Congratulations I think Flyod is a great name, very unique!

OP
N

nanachi

Dec 9, 2019
It's ok. It's a big day for him!!! Try and keep things calm around him, maybe drape the back half if the cage. Millit is a yummy yummy and night tempt him to nibble and relax. Just keep sitting with him a d talking to him. If he is used to being out with a human then get him out in a closed room and just you two and sit and talk with him. If he is still getting comfort feeding then try that. It takes a day or two to settle. Poor guy who wouldn't be a little scared on moving day..
Congratulations I think Flyod is a great name, very unique!

Thank you so much! He is hand raised and the breeder suggested to comfort him. I didnā€™t want to overwhelm him too much haha. However I did set him on the floor and have a nice heater running (Holmes, safe for birds! Budgies loved it!) because it was a chilly ride and he seemed a bit fluffed up. I was so surprised when he walked right over and started preening my hair! :eek: I love the little guy already. Giving him some time to get used to his cage while talking to him. Love it when he fluffs up and spreads out his tail feathers, heā€™s got some beautiful and unique markings!

Most Reactions