I CAUGHT RICO HOLDING SOMETHING WITH HIS FOOT!!!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
LOOK! I HAVE SEEN HIM DO THIS BUT NEVER SO WELL AND I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN A PHOTO OF IT!
EFE8326B-B899-42C9-BA22-BBCAD63B0F15.jpeg

Last edited:

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
That's so cool! My kids are going to be jealous; their little guy is super smart but isn't a foot-holder :)

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
Do they holds foods with their foots?

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
interesting. So they basically peck at food like... ...like a bird?

i'm only surprised because such a big part of Amazons and Macaws charm is the way they hold onto things... i think?

I do love cockatiels though. I hope to someday have one. And a quaker.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
interesting. So they basically peck at food like... ...like a bird?

i'm only surprised because such a big part of Amazons and Macaws charm is the way they hold onto things... i think?

I do love cockatiels though. I hope to someday have one. And a quaker.
Yeah, he just pecks at food and has the CUTEST look on his face while he eat it! He just grabs toys to stabilize it but only his left talon, never his right (he is left taloned which is neat since most birds are right taloned!). He is like the African grey, the green cheeked conure, and the cockatiel I have always wanted!

Yeah, I believe itā€™s the charm of talon holding and mimicking abilities which they are known for, along with their gorgeous colors! Also, I guess itā€™s some sort of ā€œwow factorā€ for some people (which I do not believe those who use birds as status symbols or use them as some sort of art piece to have any bird) but we will just ignore those people.

From what I have heard (I have only had experience with one cockatiel who is the opposite of the cockatiel stereotype so I canā€™t exactly say I have seen much), they tend to make great companions and are pretty chill. But if you end up with a tiny crackhead with wings like I did, I along with many others can provide advice!

Ooh I want a Quaker too! But I want every bird soā€¦ šŸ˜€

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Yeah, he just pecks at food and has the CUTEST look on his face while he eat it! He just grabs toys to stabilize it but only his left talon, never his right (he is left taloned which is neat since most birds are right taloned!). He is like the African grey, the green cheeked conure, and the cockatiel I have always wanted!

Yeah, I believe itā€™s the charm of talon holding and mimicking abilities which they are known for, along with their gorgeous colors! Also, I guess itā€™s some sort of ā€œwow factorā€ for some people (which I do not believe those who use birds as status symbols or use them as some sort of art piece to have any bird) but we will just ignore those people.

From what I have heard (I have only had experience with one cockatiel who is the opposite of the cockatiel stereotype so I canā€™t exactly say I have seen much), they tend to make great companions and are pretty chill. But if you end up with a tiny crackhead with wings like I did, I along with many others can provide advice!

Ooh I want a Quaker too! But I want every bird soā€¦ šŸ˜€
I know what you mean when you say your cockatiel is a "crackhead with wings"! Everyone seems to think budgies are sweet little harmless birdies, but we call Rocky "the winged terrorist" and "the flying piranha" because she's a fearless busybody that must be involved in anything we do, beats up her toys, and chews on everything, including our ears and my expensive woven leather chairs!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I know what you mean when you say your cockatiel is a "crackhead with wings"! Everyone seems to think budgies are sweet little harmless birdies, but we call Rocky "the winged terrorist" and "the flying piranha" because she's a fearless busybody that must be involved in anything we do, beats up her toys, and chews on everything, including our ears and my expensive woven leather chairs!
Flying terrorist is a good way to describe Rico as well! But only when he is hormonal! But rocky sounds absolutely bonkers! A fearless budgie? Thatā€™s one in a million! Rico is a scaredy-bird who has a heart attack over ravens but ignores eagles. Bees and wasps are no biggie but butterflies? Butterflies are the end of the world! Rocky sounds like a very fun, terroristic, crazy burd!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Flying terrorist is a good way to describe Rico as well! But only when he is hormonal! But rocky sounds absolutely bonkers! A fearless budgie? Thatā€™s one in a million! Rico is a scaredy-bird who has a heart attack over ravens but ignores eagles. Bees and wasps are no biggie but butterflies? Butterflies are the end of the world! Rocky sounds like a very fun, terroristic, crazy burd!
Yup! That's my Rocky!

Most Reactions

Latest posts