I don't know what to do

quakerlover

Aug 15, 2012
I lost my Quaker to cancer a week and a half ago. I am still upset because she was so perfect but I know she's in a better place now. She had a best friend who was a sun conure and they did EVERYTHING together.my sun conure started to mourn a few days after and Ithought that was normal, but a few days ago we noticed she wasnt eating as much and then yesterday she instantly was so weak/tired she couldn't even stay awake so we instantly took her to the vet. They told us she may have gotten an infection and bc she was weak they'd feed her through a tube and keep her overnight. My mom called them this morning and they said she passed away. I am so heartbroken because they were my best friends for 9 years and they wre taken away so soon and so young for their age. The two big empty cages in the house make me start to cry. My mom is especially hurting because she loved the sun so much and was with her 24/7. How do we cope with the loss of two parrots in less than 2 weeks? 😢:(

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
I am so sorry for your loss! To lose one would be bad enough, but to lose 2 within a couple of Weeks of each other must have been devastating for you !! I cannot imagine how you must feel!

I can only say, that time is a great healer and heres sending Hugs to you.

sadhug2.gif

sonja

Jul 31, 2012
I am so sorry for your loss. Take time to grieve for them and remember them. Perhaps down the line you will feel ready to open your home to another bird or two and offer them the love you shared with your guys. They won't replace your guys, but can help bring some happiness back to your heart.

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
Ohhh! I'm so sorry! This is such a sad story! In time you will heal, in the mean time maybe remove the cages from view? This is what I would do. Again,, I'm so sorry for yor loss...

Most Reactions

Latest posts