I don’t Laugh a lot

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
I don’t laugh a whole lot. At least, not Out-Loud, Shoulder-Shaking laughter.

When I do laugh aloud,I have a habit of covering my nose while my shoulders shake. Why is this?

Well, my little Sunny, cuddled against my neck, finds the unusual shoulder movements alarming. And, she has learned that a sharp bite to the nose will often stop the quaking.

So, I cover my nose when I laugh.

A couple evenings ago, I was reading something that made me laugh out loud! Harr de har har! Yes, i covered my nose while I kept laughing.

Have we all learned that parrots are smart?…,

81EC79BC-98C6-451E-8563-7C7460E5DA55.jpeg

…She has found a new way to quell the quaking! No nose needed!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
My Lilly the purple-crowned lorikeet HATED it when I blew my nose. Whether it was because I was crying or had a head cold or whatever, it wouldn't matter where in the house she was when I did it, but the moment she heard me blow my nose she would come screaming in from where she was, slam into my shoulder with every feather completely fuzzed, scream her tiny little head off and LAUNCH herself into my face AND the soggy tissue and attack it with everything she had!! Yes it got pretty disgusting but she was SO funny, and needless to say this all made me dissolve into fits of laughter and tears and mucous and I was completely powerless to do ANYTHING about it, I was just lucky she was too tiny to have left a mark like that which Sunny has left on you - OUCH!!!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Yuck, dirty tissues. Yes, Willow wants to “kill” any tissue I have sneezed or blown into. It’s gross. He gets locked in his cage more because he is a very licky bird and that’s just gross.

Most Reactions

Latest posts