I forgot to do an intro!!!! O:

Tapew0rrm

Nov 9, 2022
Lincolnshire
Parrots
Black Capped Conure
Whoah!!! I posted without even introducing myself here, haha, how rude!!

Well!!! Lets get started ay?
My name is Camille!!! I'm FtM, 24, kind of wayyy too friendly. I LOVE drawing, video games, and fish are one of my main autism “special interests”. You need to know a random fact about fish for some reason? I'm your guy.

My little bird buddy is Arrow, a 5 y/o Black Capped Conure. He isn't my first bird, but he's the first one that I've been invested in training and bonding with. I've had him for just under a week now, I'm really hoping to make him the happiest bird he can be.
In the past I had a Cockatiel and Canary, so,,Quuuite the big personality difference already, I ended up having to give them up because I had undiagnosed autism + bpd, and could barely even get out of bed to brush my teeth or eat, let alone give them the love they deserved. I like to think I'm doing a lot better than I was back then, though! I've been trying really hard. :) I'm ashamed to admit since I know its a little taboo, but my research into getting another bird started as a way for me to help get over a Trauma bond that was putting me in a -very- dark place, I was planning on getting a canary again until I found Arrow and instantly fell in love with him and the breed (I know, biiiiig difference. But don't worry, I did as much research as I could before adopting him and made certain that everyone I lived with knew all the risk factors of owning a Conure and got their confirmation (and the neighbours, lmao) that it would be okay. I believe all creatures should be treated with the exact same respect as other humans- ESPECIALLY ones with such a big personality.) So far there has been a bit of a challenge in understanding Arrow because of my autism, I really struggle to know "how" to understand him given we're still working on our trust and I don't fully get body language just yet, but I'm really working on it. And he has helped me more then he could ever know.

I thought joining a bird based forum would be great given how much I obviously talk and drive my non bird loving friends crazy in telling them things they really don't understand, as well as a fun way to make new friends and get advice (I've already learned SO MUCH in just one day of being here!!!)
If anyone else has experience with Conures or anything they'd like to share, I would love to hear it. <3 Learning is my happy place, I'm very excited to share with you guys my experiences as a new bird dad and learn with you all!

Attachments

• 20221107_074102 (1).jpg
    20221107_074102 (1).jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 44

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Hey Camille!
I’m also 24. You seem REALLY cool and Arrow is really cute (give him a kiss from me please)
I’d love to hear a random fact about fish 🙂

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
SO formally welcome and be welcomed. Tap you 3 times on the head with a perch, tap tap tap. Now you're a member.

OP
Tapew0rrm

Tapew0rrm

Nov 9, 2022
Lincolnshire
Parrots
Black Capped Conure
Hey Camille!
I’m also 24. You seem REALLY cool and Arrow is really cute (give him a kiss from me please)
I’d love to hear a random fact about fish 🙂

Thank you!!! We're not quite at that level of trust yet, but as soon as we get there I'll be sure to give him extra kisses for you!! :)

A random fact about fish...hmmm...
Well. Lionfish are one of the most invasive species of fish, mostly due to humans abandoning them in the ocean due to no longer wanting to take care of them. Now they're doing quiiite a lot of damage to the ocean bexause of it🤔 Imagine if that's how it was with birds huh.

Lionfish are also my favourite fish ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts