I got my bird

inkspider

Jun 8, 2021
st. augustine florida
Parrots
Roman GCC
I got my bird yesterday! His name is Roman and he's three months old. We discovered last night that he's afraid of the dark and I had to pet him to sleep even though before that point he didn't want me petting him. He's an adorable green cheek and an amazing companion.:gcc:

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Congratulations on your new family member, wishing you many years of happiness!

As for the fear of dark, use a childs night light, it can help

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome Roman, wishing you decades of bliss!

I don't know if GCCs are susceptible to "night frights," so providing some transitional light may be helpful.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Congratulations! Birds are truly the best companions.

When petting, you'll want to limit yourself to head and feet. Anything else will be considered foreplay and you can wind up with a hormonal, frustrated, grumpy bird.

Please post pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I have a night light in my bedroom well out of line of sight of the bed, just a minimal amount that doesn't disturb me but ok for the cages. The birds seem to like. Just a thought.

Most Reactions