I have had a break through with albie and him biting for hand shakes.

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
It's the same "issue" with trying to get him to spin.

So a while ago I posted about him biting me for asking to shake, well its because I was asking him to shake hands with the wrong foot. Just like how I can't get him to spin in the opposite direction, he won't shake with his other foot.

So yay we can do shake again!

I do feel rather stupid about not realising it sooner. It was hubby who realised it when he was able to get hand shakes off albie and I couldn't.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Fantastic! Haha, they try so hard to train us, I imagine they get frustrated when we don't succumb to their training demands. "Silly human, when are they going to understand? I clearly told them THIS hand, not THAT one..." 🤣

Last edited:
OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Fantastic! Haha, they try so hard to train us, I imagine they get frustrated when we don't succumb to their training demands. "Silly human, when are they going to understand? I clearly told them THIS hand, not THAT one..." 🤣
It's so glaringly obvious now that it's funny.

Albie is just simply amazing. Like last night he put himself to bed then started to make angry chirps because I didn't notice and he want me to close his door!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
It's so glaringly obvious now that it's funny.

Albie is just simply amazing. Like last night he put himself to bed then started to make angry chirps because I didn't notice and he want me to close his door!
He really is an awesome little guy, and you're doing so great with him. I love the updates, they always make me smile. Keep them coming! :)

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
He really is an awesome little bird. He still amazes me each day with the little things he does.

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
That's really great! While I can get Pascal to spin both directions, there is NO way he will do any waving nor handshakes with his other foot!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
That's really great! While I can get Pascal to spin both directions, there is NO way he will do any waving nor handshakes with his other foot!
Wait you have been able to get pascal to spin both ways????? What is this magic??

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Wait you have been able to get pascal to spin both ways????? What is this magic??
Honestly I don't know! I just let him follow the finger/stick/treat and i used a different command (spin for clockwise and "other way" for counter clockwise). I was VERY surprised he picked it up quickly. However sometimes he messed it up or even starts spinning in one way then turns the other way... XD

Most Reactions

Latest posts