I have to put my GCC at my aunt's house for nine days. Do you think there’s a risk of plucking?

Aug 6, 2020
Parrots
Tepui the Green-cheek conure
I have to travel for nine days and the only place I can put my GCC is my aunt’s house. She’s already seen him a couple of times, and she likes him, but she’s kind of scared of him. So he probably won’t get out of his cage much(it is a large cage though).
Food and safety shouldn’t pose problems, but seeing as how he won’t get out of his cage a lot, do you think there’s a risk of plucking?
(By the by, I have to travel on emergency, and anyhow usually other people take care of him, but they’re travelling too. So this is the first and last time this happens.)
Thanks in advance!

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
What clark said. As long as there's space, food and a bit of attention, there should be minimal issues with plucking :) Most likely there won't be any issues whatsoever!

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I have sometimes leave my birds(budgies & cockatiel) in there cages for more than ten days while traveling.(Of course someone cares for them while I'm gone.) They are usually perfectly fine afterwards, maybe a bit irritated, but they're fine. The worst that can happen is your conure refuses to interact for a few days.

Most Reactions

Latest posts