I have to rehome my budgies :(

May 17, 2020
So since having the budgie the bird room has been so dusty. And 2 weeks ago I got a lot of phlegm I coughed up. The 3 days ago I got a cough and runny nose which disappeared after 2 hours. Then again today when into the bird room straight after I got an itchy throat and coughed up phlegm again. This has never happened to me ever. I'm not asthmatic and healthy otherwise with no known allergies. So I dont know what else to do other than rehome them.

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
I'm sorry :( Do you have an HEPA air purifier? It's can help filter out the dust from the air. And antihistamines can help with the symptoms.

OP
S
May 17, 2020
No I dont and cause I'm young I dont want this to develop further or cause complications i hope it's not bird breeders lung.

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Have you only just developed these symptoms since adding the budgie?

It sounds like a dust allergy rather than bird fanciers lung. My hubby has a dust allergy and suffers the same symptoms as you. Try the HEPA air purifier and antihistamines. Also speak to your doctor to see if they can suggest anything for you.

OP
S
May 17, 2020
I will try the hepa fliter it's strange hasn't happened since even though I've been in the bird room. I will get a test done to see if in allergic. The only other explanation is that it caused my my Gerd as I heard this can cause excess mucus. I will speak to the doctor thankyou. I've had the budgies for a while now more than 7 months. However I remember I the morning I seeped the floor that could have caused the dust to go in the air for me to breath in

Last edited:

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Any that's a HEPA filter, and one that doesn't have an ioniezer or ozone functions

I've got a silent night one from amazon.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I agree sounds like dust issue. All that dust isn't good for the parakeets either

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
When you get a purifier, I'd get one for a larger room than what you actually have, because in reality, the square footage is needed is usually much larger than you would think (due to doors being open etc)

Most Reactions

Latest posts