I have to take albie to the vets and im so worried

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Hes been shivering a tonne over the last couple of days and now his poop is ....luminous.

I thought the shivering was because the house is cold and would stop when he was on our hands our under our clothes.

But now with his poop , im ringing the vets a hoping they have an appointment available this afternoon

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh no Stitch, I'm so sorry! Very few worse feelings in the world than when our babies may be ill and they can't tell us what it is they're feeling 😟 All my very best hopes are with you and your precious boy for the best possible outcome at the vet's today! πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Not pooping is certainly a concern - they are SO good at masking illness but they can't hide something like that. I hope he passes something very soon. Sending hugs and prayers to both of you, Albie is so lucky that he has a devoted parront like you! πŸ’

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh I think so! And I think whatever this is, you have caught it early Albie will be the beneficiary of your devoted parronting. Hopefully it's just him reacting to his new environment after your move, but you are definitely doing the right thing by him to get it checked out by your vet πŸ’–

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Im hoping it just the stress of moving upsetting his tummy , but as you said , they hide illness so well we dont wanna take any risks .

What is the typical pricedure ? Last time he only had his nails and band removed .

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Sending lots of hugs your way, my friend, and hopes that it's just stress from the move and all will be well with that sweet little man. I'm so glad you've noticed quickly and got an appointment with the vet right away. Always better to follow your instincts if you feel something is off. C'mon Albie, Mama's worried about you, and so are we!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
My favorite thing about the forum, support from folks who understand! ❀️

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thank you for your support guys , its really appreciated
It's so very hard sometimes, but we definitely get it. I'm looking forward to good news about your sweet Albie in the morning! (Brisbane time ;) )

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Thinking of you and Albie! I know how scary it can be wondering if something is wrong. I’m glad you got him an appointment today and hope it goes well.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Sending more feathered hugs and prayers for good results! πŸ€—πŸ™

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Deep breaths, my friend. I know it's hard, but he's in good hands.

Most Reactions

Latest posts