I havent been active for the past week!

Niteldy

Oct 26, 2021
Media
Albums
Utah
Parrots
1 Alexandrine & 5 cockatiels
Sorry - I havent been active or talking or posting . I was given a 1 day old cockatiel whos nestmates all passed away. This baby was the last to hatch. SOOOO.... as you can imagine I have been up every 2 hours feeding, cleaning nest, and cuddling this baby who cries until I pick him up. I am not sure why all the nest mates died and neither is the owner. Anyway I have been busy with a labor of love. I am an elderly lady who hasnt lost sleep in years!!! LOL...Plus I am busy with the lovebirds , the 2 new grown cockatiels and my sweet boy StanLee ! I just wanted to post a few pics of "Angel Baby" - He is sleeping in a 10gallon tank with a heat pad for birds in winter! It worked perfectly!
20220921_101615_HDR.jpg20220921_102543_HDR.jpg 20220918_092124_HDR.jpg20220918_130637_HDR.jpg20220918_131041_HDR.jpg20220918_131737_HDR.jpg

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Oh wow! Look at that tiny thing! :love: Thank you for sharing photos! It seems your sleepless nights and days are paying off well so far!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Sorry - I havent been active or talking or posting . I was given a 1 day old cockatiel whos nestmates all passed away. This baby was the last to hatch. SOOOO.... as you can imagine I have been up every 2 hours feeding, cleaning nest, and cuddling this baby who cries until I pick him up. I am not sure why all the nest mates died and neither is the owner. Anyway I have been busy with a labor of love. I am an elderly lady who hasnt lost sleep in years!!! LOL...Plus I am busy with the lovebirds , the 2 new grown cockatiels and my sweet boy StanLee ! I just wanted to post a few pics of "Angel Baby" - He is sleeping in a 10gallon tank with a heat pad for birds in winter! It worked perfectly!
View attachment 44311View attachment 44312 View attachment 44307View attachment 44308View attachment 44309View attachment 44310
Oh @Niteldy, on the contrary, it seems you have been VERY active indeed for the past week!! Bless you and that precious little Angel Baby, that little sweetheart could not have landed in a better place than with you!!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
It’s so exciting to have baby birds in your home and since you are his “mom” it must be even more exciting. But isn’t Stan Lee upset? When I babysat young birds my Lucy got insecure.

OP
Niteldy

Niteldy

Oct 26, 2021
Media
Albums
Utah
Parrots
1 Alexandrine & 5 cockatiels
It’s so exciting to have baby birds in your home and since you are his “mom” it must be even more exciting. But isn’t Stan Lee upset? When I babysat young birds my Lucy got insecure.
Ok here is where it gets really really weird! StanLee has been extremely hormonal this past month- so much so I couldnt even look at him that he didnt start the "rubbing" against me or my chair or whatever was nearby! Now when the baby came i was holding it in my hands and said heres our little bitty baby Stannie boy. He looked the baby over ( safely in my hands)and immediately tried to start feeding it o_O!!!!!!! I was stunned! So everytime I feed Angel baby, I make sure to have StanLee on my shoulder! Hahahah NOW, he hasnt been hormonal since the baby came to the house! My Alexandrine needs a psychiatrist! Funnier still StanLee screams his head off if anyone comes into the room the babys in! Like a security alarm LOL. I have a crazy bird. He owns me not visa versa!!And that is just fine- he had a rough life. I just want to make it better now.:)

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hand feeding a helpless hatchling is truly an amazing experience!

Most Reactions