I lost my boy, Pax today in a horrible accident. Miss you, buddy.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Now, this isn't your normal 'I lost a pet' post. It's about a spider, a very brave spider who just hung on to life and learned to thrive even in unfortunate circumstances.

I got Pax about a month ago, when I found him on my basement floor with only half of his legs, and took him in. I made a huge enclosure for him, and he thrived. Today, as I was closing the lid after a feeding, he got in the way and I closed the lid on him. I feel horrible knowing I caused his death, and now I have a huge 'spider void' that needs to be filled. I really have nothing else to say, it hurts so bad.
Here is a picture of him:
A8EDCFDA-9766-4231-8AF6-ECC82B96BE66.jpeg

Rest In Peace, buddy.
Catch some flies,
I love you.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thank you for recognizing all life is precious! Saving Pax granted him an extra bit of life, sadly accidents happen despite your best intentions.

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Thank you for recognizing all life is precious! Saving Pax granted him an extra bit of life, sadly accidents happen despite your best intentions.
Yes, I'm thinking of getting another spider (preferably wolf spider), because I have my Jasper but he's just left a huge hole in my heart.
Sorry for your loss :( rip pax

Now i feel bad for all the spideys i've killed before I wont kill them anymore(I usually release them if I find them in my room)
❀️

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so sorry for your loss of Pax. You tried to do everything you could for him, and I'm just so sorry that he passed in this accident. Scott said it best, that all life is precious, and so was Pax.
Rest in peace, Pax, you will be missed.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
I'm so sorry for your loss of Pax. You tried to do everything you could for him, and I'm just so sorry that he passed in this accident. Scott said it best, that all life is precious, and so was Pax.
Rest in peace, Pax, you will be missed.
Thank you. I loved him dearly. I will, one day, find another spider that needs my help and love them that much more because of sweet Pax.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Thank you everyone for your kind words. Pax was very special to me. He will always be in my heart and inspire me to be more curious about the natural world.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Pax will be waiting for you beyond the rainbow web! Hand in hand in hand in hand in hand you will cross together to meet great Anansi!
EVERYONE BOW TO THE HUMOR GOD

tonycgi

Feb 1, 2022
Parrots
cockatiel
Now, this isn't your normal 'I lost a pet' post. It's about a spider, a very brave spider who just hung on to life and learned to thrive even in unfortunate circumstances.

I got Pax about a month ago, when I found him on my basement floor with only half of his legs, and took him in. I made a huge enclosure for him, and he thrived. Today, as I was closing the lid after a feeding, he got in the way and I closed the lid on him. I feel horrible knowing I caused his death, and now I have a huge 'spider void' that needs to be filled. I really have nothing else to say, it hurts so bad.
Here is a picture of him:
View attachment 35365
Rest In Peace, buddy.
Catch some flies,
I love you.
I'm so sorry you lost your friend.

Skarila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
2021 Parrot of the Year πŸ†
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
I feel your pain....!! I still miss our little Kumo, it escaped from the terrarium while my partner was dropping in some yummies for him...

And I...I am also a murderer. I also once... Crushed a jumping spider by accident while.. -sob- closing the lid.... Oh how I miss my 8 legged children ;n;

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
I feel your pain....!! I still miss our little Kumo, it escaped from the terrarium while my partner was dropping in some yummies for him...

And I...I am also a murderer. I also once... Crushed a jumping spider by accident while.. -sob- closing the lid.... Oh how I miss my 8 legged children ;n;
Oh the pain of owning spiders
They are too easy to kill
*sob*

Most Reactions

Latest posts