i need help with a sensitive situation

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
this isnt bird related at all, but I'm still young and dont have much experience in this area and wanted to ask if any older folk had some advice.

In short yesterday I learned my sister in law had a miscarriage. She has expressed not wanting to talk about it at all and I am more than willing the respect that request. However I want to do something nice for them like bake some cookies or something but I feel like that would be bringing up a sore topic that she doesnt want. Should I make cookies? or should I just let them be?

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
If her saying she didn't want to talk about it all feels like she doesn't want anyone to acknowledge her grieving process or why, then I think cookies dropped with no explanation is the perfect thing to do for her. I've done things like make food and leave it on the doorstep, then text something like "there are baked treats for you at the door. Love, Denise" so that they don't have to talk to me. I think it's very commendable of you to ask this question.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Fully agree with my good friend above!
What aging brings is an understand that everyone approaches the grieving process differently. And, it is always better to respect their request even when our hearts bleed for them deeply.
Love where your heart is.

Most Reactions