I need help!!

25buffr

Sep 21, 2021
Parrots
Parakeet
I have a 1.5 year old burger and I’ve been meaning to teach him some tricks. Unfortunately, he does not understand the concept that he has to do something for treats. Whenever I try to train him he just goes right for the treat and gets aggravated when I don’t give it to him. How should I go about traininng him?

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
It sounds like clicker training might work well for this bird. First you teach to associate getting treat with sound of clicker. Then you use this to teach the bird to work to get the clicker sound, and you provide the treat After the sound.

Research Target Training to find out more info on this.

Emeral

Sep 16, 2021
Parrots
Hanhs Macaw
I have a 1.5 year old burger and I’ve been meaning to teach him some tricks. Unfortunately, he does not understand the concept that he has to do something for treats. Whenever I try to train him he just goes right for the treat and gets aggravated when I don’t give it to him. How should I go about traininng him?
Seems TO me, aggravated one has his treats everyday without having to work for before. He must be wondering, what is going on?

This happens to every one at the start.
But gradually, I am sure, he will be both willing and able. Hope you start him on easy lesson and the treat used is the one he likes the most.

My husband is very patience and able to teach Emerald a few tricks. On the contrary, with me.......aggravated Emerald ended up having her way most of the time.

Most Reactions

Latest posts