I passed in Princesses's training lesson

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
So I worked hard on this play stand for Princess. I went to my parents place braved being in the bulls pasture, cut down grape vines, brought them home, stripped bark, soaked and scrubbed them clean, then painstakingly rearranged them a thousand times until it looked the way I wanted it too look and then viola done (kind of it still needs a base).

Two problems and one plus: Plus - it has a very artistic feel and I'm surprised how good it came out. Problems - 1: Its slightly to small for Romeo, would fit a medium bird better. 2: She is absolutely terrified of it.

Okay now to the cute part that made all of this work worth it. I put her on it and she did her 'I'm really nervous going to bob side to side move.' To which I said fine be nervous, I worked hard on this and your going to like it. To that she lifted up her foot, I still ignored, she bob a few more times then lifted her foot up again, to which I still ignored and held strong, then she bobbed lifted her foot and said step up :52:, I could no longer ignore and caved- I put my arm out and she stepped up on it and as she was doing so she said step up again. I think she just took me to school and taught me the basics, she had to work with me a little bit but in the end I caught on :11:. May not have gotten an A but I still passed. As far as the stand guess I'll just add the base and put it on craigs list.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Hahahaha that's fantastic, love how Romeo Princess has you trained. She sounds like such a sweetie!

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
awww an you never know she might just turn around an think???? hummm maybe lol

Most Reactions