I REALLY hope we’re alone

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
I’m traveling cross country right now moving to Texas, and we’re staying in a hotel with Parker and our dog Sasha.

Parker chooses NOW to let loose his vocabulary! This boy is whistling up Dixie and talking up a small storm! I heard him halfway down the halls with his whistling!

Almost 11pm, this need to end soon before we get kicked out! Knock on wood the last 5 minutes have settled a bit, but still...I WORK in hospitality and I’m really hoping this hotel is running low occupancy so that nobody is in the surrounding rooms.

#sendhelp #prayforme

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Best of luck to you Chris. Safe travels my friend!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Oh, my dear buddy...

(*sigh*)

Been there, done that! Twice... two cross-country 2,000-mile automigrations across America. Let me just say: we got through it!

This, too, shall pass, and will.. xoxoxo... MUCH LOVE!!!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Parker is probably excited beyond recognition with the road trip! Hopefully the staff placed you at the end of a secluded hallway, and the ac system can be programmed for continuous "white noise.

Your timing is impeccable, H-Town forecasting much warmer weather by weekend!! Drive safely!!

OP
chris-md

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

He eventually settled, thank god. He’s even a LITTLE quieter this morning...as we’re leaving!

OP
chris-md

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Parker is probably excited beyond recognition with the road trip! Hopefully the staff placed you at the end of a secluded hallway, and the ac system can be programmed for continuous "white noise.

Your timing is impeccable, H-Town forecasting much warmer weather by weekend!! Drive safely!!

We’re bringing the good weather with us!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Congratulations of the timing!
Between the eyes of the Storms!

It is our firm belief that any stay in which management never stops by, or calls, is a Great Night!!!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Will you be changing your name to Chris-tx? And what on earth is taking you there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cneuhauser

Jul 9, 2020
Cary NC (hate it), LF Job in Moab UT or elsewhere
Parrots
Dusky Conure, Male Ekkie
I’m traveling cross country right now moving to Texas, and we’re staying in a hotel with Parker and our dog Sasha.

Parker chooses NOW to let loose his vocabulary! This boy is whistling up Dixie and talking up a small storm! I heard him halfway down the halls with his whistling!

Almost 11pm, this need to end soon before we get kicked out! Knock on wood the last 5 minutes have settled a bit, but still...I WORK in hospitality and I’m really hoping this hotel is running low occupancy so that nobody is in the surrounding rooms.

#sendhelp #prayforme

Safe travels and enjoy Texas... I miss the South West so much! Not sure if you've ever thought about free flight, but there should be wide open ranges where you could (if you want to).

Also, if you've never had it before, try In & Out burger! Anyways, I hope to be headed by to Nevada in the next 12 months, I'll let ya know and wave as I go by!

Most Reactions