I think albie has been training me..

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
So when albie wants a bath he let me know by splashing in his water bowl so I will put his fountain on, only the past couple of weeks he's been "bathing" at bed time.

It's not his usual *splash splash I want a bath* but a full blown soaking everything bath. So I get him out to offer him a bath and he turns his beak up at it. As he is dripping wet, I can't take him to bed as it's on the cooler side in the bed room (not so cold I can't wear a light vest top, but chilly enough for a wet bird) so I gotta wait for him to dry in the living room

I swear he's doing it deliberately to stay up later like a naughty kid who uses "I'm thirsty I'm getting a drink" excuse to stay up.

Eurgh... He's too smart for his own good hahahaha

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Good to see you are taking to your lessons so well, Stitch :D As if albie didn't have you firmly wrapped around his little claw already!

My Lilly does this from time to time too. Hot as Hades all day in the middle of a Brisbane summer but does she have her bath in the heat of the day? No. She'll wait until it's almost bedtime. You better believe she does it deliberately!

Shoegoo

Nov 3, 2014
And I thought my GCC liked bathing in her water bowl because she ignores the bird bath.
Maybe she just likes to make a mess.

Cagzo

Jan 14, 2020
Media
Mid Glamorgan,South Wales,UK
Parrots
One Pineapple Conure.
Hatched late 2018.
I have to remove the drinking water otherwise Connie dunks her belly in it, but she loves a luke warm big bath,head first in usually,its just anticipating which day it will be!

Most Reactions

Latest posts