i think you saved my two caiques

rita1

Jul 28, 2017
Media
As you know my hubby made a lovely indoor aviary for my two caiques, and a few said check the wire is safe for birds, which we did before we bought it, as it said on the advertisement safe for birds. When we did a deeper investigation we have now found the wire had been hot dipped and it’s toxic for parrots. ☹️ So my poor hubby had to replace all the wire with steel wire (not cheap) but i could not sleep worrying about my parrots. Now they are safe. How come they can advertise safe for birds, how many more people have fallen for this. Maybe they don’t know that dipped wire is poisonous and they think it’s safe for birds. Just like to thank the members for letting me know. πŸ™View attachment 33830

Attachments

• 0B66A216-FF82-4536-BA7E-6B9BB0EF7EE0.jpeg
    0B66A216-FF82-4536-BA7E-6B9BB0EF7EE0.jpeg
    395.6 KB · Views: 99

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
So welcome! THere are only a handful, literally, of manufacturers out there that fully understand what parrots need and what is safe for them. When it comes to building materials, appliances, toys, cleaning products and even foods, the amount of research done by the providers is miniscule. Lets face it, the parrot owning segment of the general population is tiny, I;d venture to say 0.0001% or less (that's 100 parrot owners per million). What manufacturer is going to research their product so that 100 per million customers are covered for their silly pets?

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
So glad everything is good with your caiques! Yeah, don't trust everything you read. I find reviews more reliable for finding out if something is safe or not. Beautiful babies, by the way :)

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
As you know my hubby made a lovely indoor aviary for my two caiques, and a few said check the wire is safe for birds, which we did before we bought it, as it said on the advertisement safe for birds. When we did a deeper investigation we have now found the wire had been hot dipped and it’s toxic for parrots. ☹️ So my poor hubby had to replace all the wire with steel wire (not cheap) but i could not sleep worrying about my parrots. Now they are safe. How come they can advertise safe for birds, how many more people have fallen for this. Maybe they don’t know that dipped wire is poisonous and they think it’s safe for birds. Just like to thank the members for letting me know. πŸ™View attachment 33830
Glad they're safe!

Most Reactions