If you have this cage, what do you think of it?

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Okey so there are low food spots? Are they swing out or guillotine style? How do they work?
Guillotine style, when there's no bowl in them they have to be tied shut because they don't have latches or anything.
The bowls the cages came with were gray square plastic ones.

OP
F

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
Guillotine style, when there's no bowl in them they have to be tied shut because they don't have latches or anything.
The bowls the cages came with were gray square plastic ones.
Oh I have special locks for my doors because the Quaker rattles them and climbs out. They are those locks that you see on the end of a dig’s leash. I stopped out by plastic cups for stainless steel and they fit though the doors.

WinniePooh

Oct 20, 2022
Media
Parrots
Cockatiel
I am interested in getting this cage for my girls.

https://www.chewy.com/e-cage-company-elegant-style-flight/dp/224189

It has all the features I want:
1. secure doors
2. Food cups are placed low
3. It has both vertical and horizontal bars
4. It's a fight cage so it is not narrow.

But I have never had an A&E cage before, and this one got mixed reviews, so I always get a little nervous.

If you have one, please give me some feedback.
I have 1 cockatiel and he has an A&E large flight cage, it is very sturdy, has a large front door like yours, and the lock is great. He absolutely loves his cage and its very spacious, the one I have is like the one you are looking at.
HERE is the one I have.

Chenetaqwa

Jul 16, 2022
Parrots
Winston ... 6 month old green cheek conure
4 budgies ( parakeet)
If the food dishes are not lower they have no reason to use the lower half of the cage.

Aldi if they throw food it is a shorter distance to the floor LOL!

This is just my theory
I have 2 green cheeked conure...and I started out with the food down low and noticed they seemed very nervous when eating... I moved the food bowls up around 1 foot from the floor of the cage and it really made a difference in the way they eat...
On the other hand my 4 budgies have no problem with the food at the bottom of the cage .
Different birds ... Different eating habits from nature

Chenetaqwa

Jul 16, 2022
Parrots
4 budgies ( parakeet)
I have 1 cockatiel and he has an A&E large flight cage, it is very sturdy, has a large front door like yours, and the lock is great. He absolutely loves his cage and its very spacious, the one I have is like the one you are looking at.
HERE is the one I have.
I personally have 3 of the preview hendryx flight cages #F040 if memory serves me ...
52 inches tall
31 inches left to right
21 inches front to back
Fairly easy to clean
2 doors in front about 10 inches square and 3 small access doors on each side ( nest box)

Attachments

• 20220202_180923.jpg
    20220202_180923.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20220309_103257.jpg
    20220309_103257.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 46

Mae22

Mar 7, 2023
Parrots
Daisy - Red Bellied Parrot/Poicephalus
Gus - Black Masked Lovebird
Skye - Budgie
NOTE: 95% of all cages are manufactured by three China based Corporations, which build and private label for resellers around the world. A&E being one of those resellers.

We buy direct from one of those builders sales outlet: Bird Cages 4 Less.
I'm a bit of a cage nerd, have been for years. The big three are HQ, A&E and King's, right? BirdCages4Less are A&E, I suspect?

Chenetaqwa

Jul 16, 2022
Parrots
4 budgies ( parakeet)
I have 2 green cheeked conure...and I started out with the food down low and noticed they seemed very nervous when eating... I moved the food bowls up around 1 foot from the floor of the cage and it really made a difference in the way they eat...
On the other hand my 4 budgies have no problem with the food at the bottom of the cage .
Different birds ... Different eating habits from nature
I have the exact same situation with my 2 green cheeked conures and 4 budgies.... I had the food on the bottom of the conures cages and I noticed they would get a piece of food and go back to the top to eat it and most of the time they would drop it... as soon as I moved it up they ate at the food cup...

OP
F

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
I'm a bit of a cage nerd, have been for years. The big three are HQ, A&E and King's, right? BirdCages4Less are A&E, I suspect?

You know a lot of the cages they sell A&E cages.

Most Reactions