If you have this cage, what do you think of it?

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
I am interested in getting this cage for my girls.

https://www.chewy.com/e-cage-company-elegant-style-flight/dp/224189

It has all the features I want:
1. secure doors
2. Food cups are placed low
3. It has both vertical and horizontal bars
4. It's a fight cage so it is not narrow.

But I have never had an A&E cage before, and this one got mixed reviews, so I always get a little nervous.

If you have one, please give me some feedback.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Do not have one as it misses many must haves.

1. Ease of entry: Should have a full height front access door
2. The "For Show" fluted upper corners are a pain to clean and with the small front access doors they become even more of a pain the clean.
3. Never buy a cage because it's cute or looks nice. The goal is to maximize internal space and usefulness of the cage top.

NOTE: 95% of all cages are manufactured by three China based Corporations, which build and private label for resellers around the world. A&E being one of those resellers.

We buy direct from one of those builders sales outlet: Bird Cages 4 Less.
World Pricing is all over the place and is more often driven by slow sales or a products that is out of style .

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020

2. The "For Show" fluted upper corners are a pain to clean and with the small front access doors they become even more of a pain the clean.
3. Never buy a cage because it's cute or looks nice. The goal is to maximize internal space and usefulness of the cage top.

NOTE: 95% of all cages are manufactured by three China based Corporations, which build and private label for resellers around the world. A&E being one of those resellers.

World Pricing is all over the place and is more often driven by slow sales or a products that is out of style .
But the doors are plenty big enough to remove a Quaker and a Sun conure through.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I think it's much less about getting the bird in and out, and more about access for the humans to clean and reach in to attach toys, perches, dishes, etc. Big doors make those things sooooo much easier, especially if you have one that is cage protective and guards that door. :)

OP
F

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure

May I ask what you would recommend?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
@FieryPhoenix, Get the largest cage you possibly can, that will fit where you want it and can afford. Thats the big rule! The term "flight' cage is just advertising and not an industry term. In order to be a true 'flight' cage it needs to be big enough for the bird to actually fly inside it. For a Quaker and Sun Conure, that's pretty darn big! Door size, food bowl access, bar spacing, style of top are also things you need to consider. I like flat tops, like 'Boats said - you get to utilize the full space of the cage and is easier to clean and my parrot like to play on there. Beware of the curved top 'trap door' styles, these have been known to close when parrots monkey around with them, to unfortunate results.

OP
F

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
@FieryPhoenix, Get the largest cage you possibly can, that will fit where you want it and can afford. Thats the big rule! The term "flight' cage is just advertising and not an industry term. In order to be a true 'flight' cage it needs to be big enough for the bird to actually fly inside it. For a Quaker and Sun Conure, that's pretty darn big! Door size, food bowl access, bar spacing, style of top are also things you need to consider. I like flat tops, like 'Boats said - you get to utilize the full space of the cage and is easier to clean and my parrot like to play on there. Beware of the curved top 'trap door' styles, these have been known to close when parrots monkey around with them, to unfortunate results.

Well, only one bird can fly, and that's the Sun Conure. I don't know if it will be a true flight cage since it's more for acquiring more space for them. My Sun just hops from perch to perch inside the cage and only truly flies when she is out. My quaker can't hop and just climbs around.

Besides size, the most important factors to me are durability, secure locks (my Quaker is a Houdini), bar spacing, door size, and food bowl access (how the doors work).

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Take a look at the Bird Cages 4 Less web site and look at small bird cages. Look for standard flat top and full front access doors.

Example:

Palama Place Playtop Bird Cage with Stand​

Product Code: PA5698​

Size: 27.5"W x 21.5"D x 70"H​

Price: $349.95 - on sale for $319.95

Look at those cages with like features

OP
F

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
Take a look at the Bird Cages 4 Less web site and look at small bird cages. Look for standard flat top and full front access doors.

Example:

Palama Place Playtop Bird Cage with Stand​

Product Code: PA5698​

Size: 27.5"W x 21.5"D x 70"H​

Price: $349.95 - on sale for $319.95

Look at those cages with like features

I was interested in this one from that site

https://birdcages4less.com/page/B/PROD/PA5739

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I was interested in this one from that site

https://birdcages4less.com/page/B/PROD/PA5739
I have 4 of those cages, one for my GCC, one for my Quaker, one for the budgies, and one for my cockatiel pair.
I really like it, I don't use the food doors but they're high up and it's pretty easy to clean, two of them have steel trays though and are kinda heavy, that one you linked looks like a plastic tray.
I've gotten 3 out of 4 for $220 from pet stores, smaller pet stores that have a few locations, not Petsmart or petco.
The other I got for $100 off of Craigslist

OP
F

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
Just an off topic question, OP, why do you want the food dishes to be low? (Just asking because I don't know any better)
If the food dishes are not lower they have no reason to use the lower half of the cage.

Aldi if they throw food it is a shorter distance to the floor LOL!

This is just my theory

OP
F

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
I have 4 of those cages, one for my GCC, one for my Quaker, one for the budgies, and one for my cockatiel pair.
I really like it, I don't use the food doors but they're high up and it's pretty easy to clean, two of them have steel trays though and are kinda heavy, that one you linked looks like a plastic tray.
I've gotten 3 out of 4 for $220 from pet stores, smaller pet stores that have a few locations, not Petsmart or petco.
The other I got for $100 off of Craigslist

Is the main door pretty big. Also where are all the smaller doors located. In the picture they show the food dishes down low.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
For what its worth FieryPhoenix, Thats the same cage (but maybe different bar spacing) I have for Salty and used to be Max's cage. Good solid cage. I use bolt on food and water cups, round, locking-in, stainless steel ones. Salty is about 1/2 the size of Yellow Nape Amazons, a lil bigger then most Quakers. Removable bottom grill and slide out plastic tray, both work good. Locking feature could be more sophisticated, but then again neither Max or Salty were/are jailbreakers.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Is the main door pretty big. Also where are all the smaller doors located. In the picture they show the food dishes down low.
The low food doors are maybe 6in. from the floor while the high food doors are 8-10in. from the roof.
The main door is a good size, I can it my arm, head, and shoulder in there lol.

OP
F

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure

[SIZE=3]wrench13[/SIZE], just want to make sure the cage you have is the one I posted from Cages4Less? The

Tiki Treehouse Flight Bird Cage?

zERo, thank you for answer my questions!​

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yes the

Tiki Treehouse Flight Bird Cage​

appears to be the same.

OP
F

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
The low food doors are maybe 6in. from the floor while the high food doors are 8-10in. from the roof.
The main door is a good size, I can it my arm, head, and shoulder in there lol.
Okey so there are low food spots? Are they swing out or guillotine style? How do they work?

Most Reactions

Latest posts