If you live in Minneapolis Sun conure available at petsmart.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
the Petsmart off Rockford road West of Minneapolis has a sun conure available for 900. I can't handle another one....along with my Quaker and green cheek, but I hope someone on here (knowledgeable) is interested

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
It's getting to the point every time I go to this store for overpriced food, I'm torn, I already have a sun conure and it's sweet.....and possessive, along with his green cheek brother he was raised with, I bought them together. But this conure in this store has been there for weeks now and any tameness it has might be lost. I have nine birds...I can't go down and buy a bird because I feel bad.

I know it would thrive with my flock and be following the conures around and be very social but I can't do it, also they ask for 899 for it. I'm thinking two more weeks i'll offer 500. Take it or leave it.

Yes.....this is a bad Idea. Tell me not to. Please tell me I'm an idiot.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Also the hot blonde girl at the store (you know the one) told me I should buy it........*sigh*

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
It's getting to the point every time I go to this store for overpriced food, I'm torn, I already have a sun conure and it's sweet.....and possessive, along with his green cheek brother he was raised with, I bought them together. But this conure in this store has been there for weeks now and any tameness it has might be lost. I have nine birds...I can't go down and buy a bird because I feel bad.

I know it would thrive with my flock and be following the conures around and be very social but I can't do it, also they ask for 899 for it. I'm thinking two more weeks i'll offer 500. Take it or leave it.

Yes.....this is a bad Idea. Tell me not to. Please tell me I'm an idiot.
That bird is calling to you- I hear it now- "please rescue me so I don't end up living a miserable life". . .

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
The sun conure is still there and it's "human centric" if I pass near the cage it's like ADOPT ME!!!!!! I have to buy food there so I see it every time.

But I can barely handle my flock! They already work in tandem to distract and steal stuff they shouldn't have.

I hope someone that wants a sweet sun conure will get this bird. If I have too..... I'm gonna be so overwhelmed this bird needs a home.

Sorry I'm being a bit emotional, but I can't let this bird live in this pet store.

I think my next course of action....if it isn't sold......is to say you've had this bird for weeks if you drop it 500 bucks I'll take it now.

I hope someone else beats me to it. It's a beautiful bird.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
I'm going to go tomorrow or monday and ask for a manager, the bird has been there at least a month, maybe two.....I'm asking people that maybe worked in a pet store, how low can I offer and maybe get it. Or how low have you negotiated something priced at $900.

I swear I hope that bird is not there still and found a home........I can't handle two sun conures.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
If you cannot handle the bird then don’t buy it.
The reality is, we simply can’t save them all.
I’m in the same battle often. There’s a little green cheek at the Petco by my house and she’s such a sweet heart but I know I can’t handle another bird.

All you can hope is that someone else will buy the bird before you.

Sorry you are dealing with this!

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Think they would take say.....400? Less than half thinking about starting at 300 then going to 400. Anyone good at negotiating?

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
I can physically handle it its just....I was looking forward to the non, juvinile years where everyone settles down and then a new baby........

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
I'm gonna look monday and offer the 300 and negotiate from there .....pet stores make the money off the food not the animals. and they have me in their system so the manager can see I spend like at least 100 a month on seeds and treats.......GOD I hope that bird finds a home this weekend.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I'm gonna look monday and offer the 300 and negotiate from there .....pet stores make the money off the food not the animals. and they have me in their system so the manager can see I spend like at least 100 a month on seeds and treats.......GOD I hope that bird finds a home this weekend.
I hear him calling to you "Please come get me! Please make me your Forever Bird! I'll be good, I promise! "

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
There are a lot of suns, and jendays at the Rochester pet stores. I’ve been trying to find some Roudybush pellets that aren’t in store anymore anywhere… I was a little surprised about the amount of suns, and jendays for sale. Usually I don’t see them at the big corporate stores.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I hear him calling to you "Please come get me! Please make me your Forever Bird! I'll be good, I promise! "
You realize if course that I'm just kidding. But doesn't it feel like that every time you think about this bird sitting there in the pet store?

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
GET OUT OF MY HEAD DonnaBudgie you'all stop living rent free

I wouldn't even care but it follows me around when I move around the aqurium they keep it in.

this is a shoulder bird....

Not a worry I think hes trainable, this bird is a day one shoulder bird.....only problem I need to know if a new baby will get along with my flock of established shoulder birds.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD DonnaBudgie you'all stop living rent free

I wouldn't even care but it follows me around when I move around the aqurium they keep it in.

this is a shoulder bird....

Not a worry I think hes trainable, this bird is a day one shoulder bird.....only problem I need to know if a new baby will get along with my flock of established shoulder birds.
That bird calls to ME every time you post about him so you're living in my head, too! Here I am in Maine, worried about a lonely little bird sitting in a pet store in Minnesota! You've been watching/wanting this little guy for a couple months now. As my Daddy used to say "S*** or get off the pot, already!" 🤣

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
tomorrow putting a travel cage in my car...not doing 900 but will do say 400.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
If it’s a chain store, the individual store doesn’t get to make those stocking decisions unfortunately.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
I hope the bird isn't there tomorrow. I just want it to have a good home.

Most Reactions

Latest posts