I'm so overwhelmed with love for my beautiful budgies.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I just finished playing hide and seek with Stormy, and once I was done I wanted to cry. They're such sentient beings, and they have so much love to give. Stormy was able to comprehend playing hide and seek, and he enjoyed it. He would let out a happy chirp every time he "found" me (I was just hiding under the hanging platform and popping my head out on different sides). Afterwards, he hopped on his playstand and did "heart wings" to me, then started singing!

I just feel so honored and blessed to be able to give these guys the life they deserve, and I am always humbled by their trust in me, a human, who is over 100 times the size of them. I've watched them blossom into these beautiful individuals, and I wouldn't give them up for anything in the world.

Now I'm laughing, Picasso just fed Stormy and then caique-hopped away, leaving him in a "confused potato" position! They're so hilarious, gentle, fluffy, empathetic, and sentient, I could not comprehend something bad happening to them, it would be so horrible and tragic.

Do you guys ever feel this way? I'm not looking for attention or anything, I'm just overwhelmed with joy whenever I look at them.

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Isn't it the best, most humbling, awe-filled feeling??? I know exactly what you mean πŸ₯°
Yes! It's the best feeling in the world.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
I had no idea feeling this much joy and love for another being was possible…until I got birds.

It’s the β€œI’m gonna just go and bawl my eyes out because I love this little ball of floof too much” feeling.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I just finished playing hide and seek with Stormy, and once I was done I wanted to cry. They're such sentient beings, and they have so much love to give. Stormy was able to comprehend playing hide and seek, and he enjoyed it. He would let out a happy chirp every time he "found" me (I was just hiding under the hanging platform and popping my head out on different sides). Afterwards, he hopped on his playstand and did "heart wings" to me, then started singing!

I just feel so honored and blessed to be able to give these guys the life they deserve, and I am always humbled by their trust in me, a human, who is over 100 times the size of them. I've watched them blossom into these beautiful individuals, and I wouldn't give them up for anything in the world.

Now I'm laughing, Picasso just fed Stormy and then caique-hopped away, leaving him in a "confused potato" position! They're so hilarious, gentle, fluffy, empathetic, and sentient, I could not comprehend something bad happening to them, it would be so horrible and tragic.

Do you guys ever feel this way? I'm not looking for attention or anything, I'm just overwhelmed with joy whenever I look at them.
β€œConfused potato”. Very nice.

CosiGirl

Apr 2, 2022
Parrots
Budgie

I love this post and can relate. I am a new budgie mom myself and sometimes if I think about how sweet my budgie is and how much joy and life she brings me, I cry. They are truly awesome and I want to give her everything.

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Yaa i feel this feeling too
i need to go to a therapist but my parents wont let me but i have 2 therapists my birds who put a smile on my face every day this is the song i sing to them
ohh cute birbs
ohh cute budgies
ohh cute floofies
you are creatures from heaven '
that fell from heaven
and landed on earth
you could have landed on some other planet
like mars and Pluto
but you landed on earth
it was meant to be for us to meet
ohh my fids
ohh my birbs
ohh my cuties
ohh my cuties oh my cuties
you are such cuties
oh my crazy birds
you put a smile on my face every single day
i need a therapist but my parents say no
but i remember that i have two therapists
that put a smile on my face
everyday
oh my ball of floofies
it was meant to be for us to meet..........................
ahahhah yaa that my song a bit weirdπŸ˜…

Most Reactions