I'm so tired... so very tired.

jugoya

Mar 7, 2013
Shreveport, La USA
Parrots
Porter (Broto); Fuggles(Budgie)
Just spent the last five hours in the hospital.

I've never been in a car wreck before and this.. this was the WORST thing ever... ever ever.

Loose gravel in the road; and in a few seconds I was rolling over and over until the truck was stuck on its side. I was trapped FULLY. Had to squeeze out of a small window and then went into shock; still somewhat there.

Becareful when driving on curves.. watch for those loose stones.

Such small things can nearly kill you.

I'm lucky.. no scratches just lots of bruising and bone bruises.

But still... just be careful.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
So sorry about your accident jugoya
One can never be too careful
Thank God you only had bone bruising, could have been more serious
Wishing you a speedy recovery

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
oh wow!, you just never know.....
glad to hear that you are 'somewhat ok' but I guess your truck is not??

don't be afraid to get checked out at the hospital if you need to

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Wow! Glad you are ok. So scary!

OP
jugoya

jugoya

Mar 7, 2013
Shreveport, La USA
Parrots
Was at the hospital; then got home early today.

I'm just shaken and my poor Porter doesn't know whats wrong.. alternatively cuddling and then running to his cage to watch me soooo very carefully.

Car is totalled but insurance will cover that.

Doctors gave me an ok.. they flew me by helicopter to San Antonio military Trauma center. Heh.

Thanks folks.

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
So scary! I'm so so happy that this didn't turn out worse, you were very lucky to only get out with a few bruises!

Please take it slow a few days and treat yourself to something special :)

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
How terrible. Glad to hear you made it out of there in one piece. Count your blessings, snuggle with your flock and remember, things like that are why we all must make every day the best day.

Keep us posted. You may find that you ache and stuff more after a couple of days that you do now.

AussieChris

Sep 6, 2013
ACT Australia
Parrots
Galah
Hello,

Bad news it happens, good news you are OK. As this is the first big crash, you will have a sore neck after a while, even if you feel OK now. Dirt roads can vary a lot, and as many people rarely drive on them they can get caught out easily. Defensive driving training is worth thinking about, when you get the feel for the car and conditions you may realize what you did wrong. If you look at some Rally DVD's there is always a fine line with being in / out of control when you start to push it. Even at low speed a small mistake can result in a crash.

Mike17

Aug 12, 2013
Media
Albums
Outback Western Australia
Parrots
Alex- Eclectus, Ariel- whiteface, Junior- pied, Custard-lutino, Ziggy- pearl cockatiels, Kermit- Princess parrot, Jade- Plumhead parrot, George- budgie, Coco- Rainbow lorikeet, Corey-Little Corella.
Glad to hear you're OK Yugoya. Having rolled a car and been in quite a few car/bike accidents over the years myself, I can sympathise. It'll take time to heal and you'll think you have bones and muscles you didn't have before (coz now they're hurting:)). Just take it easy and don't push yourself too hard. Driving on dirt roads is never fun as others have alluded to, it doesn't take too much for things to go pear-shaped quickly.

OP
jugoya

jugoya

Mar 7, 2013
Shreveport, La USA
Parrots
It was due to the recent rain.

Don't get much in Texas and I wasn't expecting the traction to have changed.

Gotta remember that for the future... and yeah... it feels as though I'm just one big bruise right now.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Glad you're ok! I can imagine your nerves are still a wreck :/ I also rolled a vehicle a few years ago, also from gravel- I rolled down an embankment and landed upside down; tore the ligaments in my ankle, but thankful it wasn't any worse!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
OMG, I just read this....so sorry to hear that, at least your ok which that is the main thing!!!! ((((HUGS))))

AussieChris

Sep 6, 2013
ACT Australia
Parrots
Galah
Driving on dirt roads is never fun as others have alluded to
Hello,

I find it both fun and relaxing IF you are at ease. You have to be able to read the road, and drive at a speed where you are in control. I used to Rally, and while living in the NT where there were no speed limits I traveled quite fast in the dirt. ( saved a lot of time ) I still see crashed cars though, and wonder how they managed to do it. Now some dirt surfaces give better grip when wet, most dont and some can go from good to almost nothing very quickly with rain.

Most Reactions

Latest posts