I'm thinking of rehomming a parakeet

Parrot Parent

Feb 22, 2011
My house
Parrots
R.I.P. Linius, my Sun conure
Tapa and Tio, Parakeets, Xander 3 month old sun conure
First off, I'm not rehomming my parakeets. lol. I enjoy them too much to do that! Its just this morning I was browsing craigslist, as I often do when I'm bored, and decided to type in the word parakeet. This was a mistake! Someone near me is trying to rehome a parakeets, cage and all, for 10$. Price negotiable for the right person. The parakeet is described as a tricolored parakeet and loves fruit. I'm going to be honest. I partially want this parakeet because of the fact that he eats fruit, something I've been trying so hard to get mine to do. I'm hoping that maybe if he eats fruit infront of them they'll accept fruit as a food source too! I've also been looking into getting another parakeet because my cage could easily fit 4 but my two seem to be getting tired of each other. So adding a new friend would give them the option of who they get to interact with. I've tried letting them play with Xander, under very close supervision, but he isnt fond of them like Linius was. They really seem interested in him though!. So what do you guys think, the rehoming fee isnt really a problem and I already pitched the idea to my mom who isnt totally against it :D

theceltichorse

Apr 7, 2011
Go for it- just don't forget to quarantine! Oh, you might look into researching trios- often one gets picked on with uneven numbers. Especially if they are mixed sexes and two decide to become a pair.

Most Reactions