In search for Hahns Macaw. . . . .

Jcnut

Dec 28, 2022
We've been trying to locate a breeder around Nashville, to no avail. So many scammers there. I've been spending hours reading these forums - and have been blown away by how much support you offer each other. I'm so hopeful to be asking your advice something this year. lol. And hopefully learning enough to offer some of my own.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Scamming for parrots is epidemic, be very sure of who you are dealing with, try to do it in person! If you find a breeder, you can post it here and see if anyone has done business with them. Good luck in finding your Hahn's!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Try working for free at a Rescue near you and as a result get some hands on experience with Parrots and especially with mid-size and larger Parrots. They will appreciate the help and you will appreciate the experience.

Your want for a specific Parrot species can be problematic as Humans are terrible at selecting the right Parrot as it is all about your want! By working for a Rescue you may just find that a specific Parrot really likes you!! I assure you they are much better at choosing as they connect on an emotional level and that means they want to be with you!! That is a critical part of developing a relationship with a Parrot.

Try working for a Rescue, you just may find what you really need.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried Birdbreeders.com ?
You would still need to make sure any ads you find are legit, like with anywhere else.

I'm so happy you joined us and I hope you find your baby soon.
I agree about checking out rescues unless your heart is set on a baby:)

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Keep checking your local classifieds, too, like Craigslist or Hoobly.

My second parrot was still a baby when he needed to be rehomed shortly after purchase, came from an excellent breeder with disease testing and DNA paperwork, and was SUPER well socialized by his first owner. So unicorns are out there even if you don't find a breeder nearby :)

OP
J

Jcnut

Dec 28, 2022
Try working for free at a Rescue near you and as a result get some hands on experience with Parrots and especially with mid-size and larger Parrots. They will appreciate the help and you will appreciate the experience.

Your want for a specific Parrot species can be problematic as Humans are terrible at selecting the right Parrot as it is all about your want! By working for a Rescue you may just find that a specific Parrot really likes you!! I assure you they are much better at choosing as they connect on an emotional level and that means they want to be with you!! That is a critical part of developing a relationship with a Parrot.

Absolutely. I've contacted one here and am so excited to visit.

OP
J

Jcnut

Dec 28, 2022
Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried Birdbreeders.com ?
You would still need to make sure any ads you find are legit, like with anywhere else.

I'm so happy you joined us and I hope you find your baby soon.
I agree about checking out rescues unless your heart is set on a baby:)
I have been watching bird breeders. I am not sold on a baby - I just want a bird that will want to be with us. lol. If an animal's life is not exponentially better by being with us, we're not the right home for them. I appreciate the response. :)

OP
J

Jcnut

Dec 28, 2022

Great advice. I would want to adopt a bird that wanted to be with us, no matter the breed.

Most Reactions

Latest posts