In urgent need for help .

stoyan24

Dec 23, 2017
Hello i don't know how to start this because i'm really sad and scared at the moment . Me and my girlfriend have two conures a boy and a girl . Today when i was coming home the girl Mini flew out of the front door as i was coming in with some Christmas shopping . We went out to look for her for hours we printed some lost posters and taped them in the area hoping she will fly to someone and we will receive a call .My girlfriend cant stop to cry and i am now worried not only for Mini but for the male bird . Can someone with more knowledge about the species or a owner of green cheek conures please tell me if he will miss her and how can we help him . Thank you all.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to the forums, so sad you joined under such difficult circumstances.

There are many techniques to search for and broaden the net for an escaped parrot. (I've moved your thread to the Lost and Found forum for greater visibility)

This thread summarizes the actions you can take to help bring Mini home: http://www.parrotforums.com/lost-found/49129-bring-them-home-tips-locating-lost-bird.html

I'm not familiar with the GCC species, but if they are a bonded pair or even good friends, there will be an awareness.

OP
S

stoyan24

Dec 23, 2017
Thank you all and dont worry we did find her today and she is filling her belly with food like crazy :D SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY best Christmas ever !!!!!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
So happy for you and Mini, always nice to see a success story!! Thanks for giving us closure. Can you share how Mini was found, might help future folks in similar circumstance.

OP
S

stoyan24

Dec 23, 2017
Well last night wen we lost her . We started yelling her name on the streets but with no luck . Me and my girlfriend both did not think she can make it through the night and we gon to sleep . Today when we "woke up" :D we printed more missing posters for house post boxes and for ppl passing on the street . My girl told me to drop some in the pet shop in town smart move as usual.. and we probably covered 2 mile radius from our home. Maybe an hour passed and the pet shop gave us a call saying they found her so we drove there . And we did not see the ppl that gave her in there but the employees told us it was a young family . Mini landed on their little girl :D and she freaked out :D and they just went in to give her there . That is the story . We gave some chocolates to the ppl working in the store and gave them our detail to pass on to the kind family that found Mini so we can thank them in person . [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsNfmjD_blU&t=20s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsNfmjD_blU&t=20s[/ame] and these two are the actual Mini and Cooper :D

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Love how they are playing in a strainer..to cute...thanks i neded a smile:)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
So glad little Mini is safe at home, thank you for sharing Mini's scary adventure and happy homecoming! Adorable feathered babies.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
What a great xmas story, i am so glad yu got her back. I know what its like to loose a parrot like that.
MERRYCHRISTMAS !!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I'm so happy to see Mini safe and sound at home with Cooper and up to hilarious antics in your kitchen! Warms my heart when stories like these have a happy ending. And thank you to that young family that did the right thing in bringing her in to the pet store.

*What a wonderful thing that Mini is socialized to the point that she felt comfortable flying to that little girl!

Most Reactions

Latest posts