Incessant Contact Calls πŸ™‰

CosiGirl

Apr 2, 2022
Parrots
Budgie
Hi Friends,

Since my husband and I got back from vacation, our budgie Cozy has started doing incessant contact calls for the first few hours of the day. Even if we are right next to her cage or even let her out, she still does it. Granted, if we are both right next to her at the same time, it calms her down a little but not by much. Today she was so loud that we decided to move her cage to shake things up a bit (we live in an apartment so we we are trying to let her be a birb and also keep the neighbors happy). It took a while but she finally calmed down once she was in a dark corner. I know Cozy has always been a little frightened of shadows but this seems a bit excessive and unhealthy to put her in a dark corner. I feel so badly for her. Any ideas on how to help this little girl? Thanks!

OP
CosiGirl

CosiGirl

Apr 2, 2022
Parrots
Budgie
Hi Friends,

Since my husband and I got back from vacation, our budgie Cozy has started doing incessant contact calls for the first few hours of the day. Even if we are right next to her cage or even let her out, she still does it. Granted, if we are both right next to her at the same time, it calms her down a little but not by much. Today she was so loud that we decided to move her cage to shake things up a bit (we live in an apartment so we we are trying to let her be a birb and also keep the neighbors happy). It took a while but she finally calmed down once she was in a dark corner. Eventually, she even started doing her happy chicken clucks while there. I know Cozy has always been a little frightened of shadows but this seems a bit excessive and unhealthy to put her in a dark corner. I feel so badly for her. Any ideas on how to help this little girl? Thanks!

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Hi Friends,

Since my husband and I got back from vacation, our budgie Cozy has started doing incessant contact calls for the first few hours of the day. Even if we are right next to her cage or even let her out, she still does it. Granted, if we are both right next to her at the same time, it calms her down a little but not by much. Today she was so loud that we decided to move her cage to shake things up a bit (we live in an apartment so we we are trying to let her be a birb and also keep the neighbors happy). It took a while but she finally calmed down once she was in a dark corner. I know Cozy has always been a little frightened of shadows but this seems a bit excessive and unhealthy to put her in a dark corner. I feel so badly for her. Any ideas on how to help this little girl? Thanks!
One of my girls, Cossie, does the same thing. They will often contact call if they're curious, so I think the constant contact calling she does may be because she is waking up, and getting her bearings. Cossie's contact calls usually stop once she gets food.

OP
CosiGirl

CosiGirl

Apr 2, 2022
Parrots
Budgie
Good to know. It’s been taking her a few hours to settle after she wakes up. Unfortunately, food doesn’t seem to do much when she’s in that contact calling trance. Is it possible that she got attached to the person who was watching her while we were away for 10 days and is trying to locate them?

Most Reactions

Latest posts