Indian ringneck's sclera is turning grey and it is closing it eyes.

TGPGAMING619

Apr 16, 2022
Parrots
Indian ringneck
My parrot has suddenly stopped moving around and stays in place. It's not eating food or anything. I will visit vet soon but I would like to ask for any simple solutions I can do now.
It has also started keeping its eyes closed instead of open and barely moves

Attachments

• 20231107_151652.jpg
    20231107_151652.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 5

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
What is “visit vet soon”? The only thing to do is call an avian vet and tell them it’s an emergency and get the bird in asap. When birds act sick, it usually means they have been sick for some time and are now near death. You can search this forum for “hospital cage” to see about setting up a supportive environment to give your bird a fighting chance, but they need to see a vet right now.

OP
T

TGPGAMING619

Apr 16, 2022
Parrots
Indian ringneck
What is “visit vet soon”? The only thing to do is call an avian vet and tell them it’s an emergency and get the bird in asap. When birds act sick, it usually means they have been sick for some time and are now near death. You can search this forum for “hospital cage” to see about setting up a supportive environment to give your bird a fighting chance, but they need to see a vet right now.
Well. Went to the vet and they found a mouth infection of a very strong bacteria. He was already weak so they couldn't give him anesthesia or do anything. They put a cream on it. On the way back it fell to the bottom of the cage and did nothing but take small breaths. And now. Its dead 🪦🕊🕊🕊

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Well. Went to the vet and they found a mouth infection of a very strong bacteria. He was already weak so they couldn't give him anesthesia or do anything. They put a cream on it. On the way back it fell to the bottom of the cage and did nothing but take small breaths. And now. Its dead 🪦🕊🕊🕊
I am truly sorry for your loss 💔 Fly free, precious one.

Most Reactions

Latest posts