heidir15

Dec 31, 2021
Parrots
Pineapple conure
I have a pineapple conure. She’s almost 2 years old and her wings are fully grown out. Therefore she flies all around the house whenever she wants. I usually leave her out and about in the living room and she does her own thing. I went to use the bathroom today and left her in the kitchen where there is tons of space to fly around. There were no fans on. Or anything I can think of that could of harmed her. But when I came out of the bathroom. She was on top of the fridge (which is her favorite spot to sit at) but she had both her wings all the way out and pointing straight up as she was panting. Usually she sticks her wings out like that to stretch. But it was almost as if her wings were stuck that way. I grabbed her and she kept looking around frantically as if she was scared of something. She eventually put her wings down but she was shaking and still looked very scared. I grabbed both of her wings and stretched them out for her to see if it was causing her any pain. And it seemed like her wings are fine. I brought her upstairs and she started flying like normal and my mom thinks she seems “fine” but I also feel like her grip in her claws are off. Usually she grips hard on the finger or hand she’s perched on. But currently she’s not gripping as hard as normal. She’s flying normally and right now she’s next to me cuddling with my hand. Can someone lmk if anything is seriously wrong with her..? Pls help!!!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
If she appears to be injured, take her to an avian vet immediately. We don't know what's wrong, or what happened, and you cannot fix an injury yourself. Get her to a vet if you want to help her, that is the best way.

OP
H

heidir15

Dec 31, 2021
Parrots
Pineapple conure
If she appears to be injured, take her to an avian vet immediately. We don't know what's wrong, or what happened, and you cannot fix an injury yourself. Get her to a vet if you want to help her, that is the best way.
Shes acting perfectly normal now. She’s flying and eating so I will keep an eye on her and if I still feel somethings wrong I will take her to an avian vet. The closest one to me is almost 4 hours away so It’s not as easy for me to take her to an avian vet. Thank you for your help tho!!

Most Reactions