Installing security cameras in bird room

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
I sure have done this a while ago, but finally decide to install security cameras in the bird room. Is full 1080P and 30FPS with good night vision. Great idea because now can see what going on without having to get up and if something happens and can see what happen, or at work. When out of town usually take birds with me if can, or let neighbor take care of them.

I am going to install a second one at a different angle, to point at Cockatiels cage, just have to finish fishing cable in wall.

Color

9MxYOcF.jpg

Nightvision

OaUNltg.jpg

dregarciatat2

Nov 4, 2018
I wanna put cameras linked to a live feed website... and have a playlist that people can scroll through and play songs for my Brodieā€™s. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ParrotGenie

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
I wanna put cameras linked to a live feed website... and have a playlist that people can scroll through and play songs for my Brodieā€™s. :)

That not a bad idea. Most IP, or smart cameras do have 2 way audio.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
As with everything now a days, keep your links safe and the sites trust worthy.

The technology available is expanding rapidly. Determine when the involved industries commonly release new stuff.
This is one of those things that 'Have Fun!' plays so very well.

Last edited:

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Where did you get the cameras, I am interested in doing this! Looks like a great idea.

OP
ParrotGenie

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
Where did you get the cameras, I am interested in doing this! Looks like a great idea.

Some extra POE IP 1080p Security Cameras had laying around from another project, bought on eBay a while ago. Use a large Sony image sensor, so does pretty good and at the store I set some up at they are pretty reliable.

You can also use most IP based camera, or smart cameras. Just make sure you get one that at 25 fps or above and support 2 way audio, plus decent size image sensor that will do good in low light and night vision. Get one that support POE as you can just run cat 5e, or 6 network cable, you also need a switch that has POE, or DC POE injector to power camera from one Ethernet cable. POE is the way to go as you don't have to run separate power cable.

Last edited:

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
OP
ParrotGenie

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
Or if you want a simple, inexpensive solution, I got this as a $5 add on on Black Friday, so my expectations were low, but itā€™s great. I named mine BumbleCam. I also have an expensive security camera and itā€™s no better. At $25 you canā€™t beat it.

https://www.amazon.com/Wyze-Indoor-...&qid=1551544939&s=gateway&sprefix=wyze&sr=8-3

Only 15 FPS, but quality is very good. If you are using it to check in every so often, is a great cam at a great price and has cloud capability out of box. I like those wyze cams.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I do this with my laptop while I am at work--- I create a Youtube live-stream (private), email myself the link and then I can pull it up on my work computer to see what is happening in real-time.

enrichettabetterman

Aug 12, 2022
Parrots
Simple
Hey, I like it. Youā€™ve done a good job. Btw, what camera do you use? Iā€™m looking for a security system for my house, so any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hey, I like it. Youā€™ve done a good job. Btw, what camera do you use? Iā€™m looking for a security system for my house, so any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance
Hi, you may be better off asking in a forum meant for cameras/security

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
We use a Logitech security cam with night vision & two way audio. Helpful when Iā€™m making his highness breakfast and heā€™s barking his head off - I can pop on the audio and chat with him while Iā€™m making his food. We have ours set up through our cell phone manufacturerā€™s Home app, which seems fairly secure.

Most Reactions

Latest posts