Internet Trolling

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
For those of you that do not know what internet trolling is I want to give a little information on the topic. We have had trollers here on our forum in the past and will have again. This is a person that will enter into a blog or discussion forum for the specific purpose of causing trouble. They will present a point and look to get into a conversation for argumentative purposes. In the trollers mind they are always correct and everyone else is wrong. The best way to handle the troller is not to engage them at all because that is what they want. He/She is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth", flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him. Troll is usually an expert in reusing the same words of its opponents and in turning it against them.

So be on the lookout and recognize the troller. It is against forum policy and the troller will be banned!!

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Last edited:

Alienation

Banned
Banned
Nov 2, 2010
Media
Victoria, Australia
Parrots
Awaiting my baby blue front...
Can I just say, I don't think trolls necessarily always think they are right. Sometimes they are just being stupid for the fun of it. They know what they are saying is ignorant on the topic and something that everyone will disagree with, and they find it funny to see everyone getting angry about it. Often they will take on a persona and make up a story to go with it too.

Most Reactions

Latest posts