HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Hello everyone!
I mentioned in my thread the other day that I rescued a budgie off Gumtree who was free to good home. I named him Peter, after my uncle who passed away the day I got the budgie.
And now I also have a friend for Peter, Cosmo (still not sure on that name). Whom I also got from gumtree.
Peter is about 2 years old and Cosmo is 1 year old. They both seem to be getting along well, and haven't stopped chatting to each other.
They will be going in the aviary with the 'tiels when the weather warms up. And if everyone gets along of course.

BBwP912.jpeg

Hope everyone is doing well on the forum. Feel free to give me any budgie advice!

Last edited by a moderator:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hannah, please accept my condolences on the loss of your Uncle Peter. But if I may say so, his namesake is absolutely gorgeous, as is his companion Cosmo, which sounds like a perfectly fine name. I'm so glad they both found their way to you, they could not possibly have found a better home, nor a more loving mum :)

Looking forward to sharing their journey with you, Hannah, and to many more pics!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Heartfelt, huge Amazon Feather hugs dear friend with prays for you.

Congratulations of your addition, looks like a couple of in your face parrots that will keep life interesting a likely filled with noise.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Condolences to you Hannah on your loss of Uncle Peter :eek: Lovely budgies Peter and Cosmo are. Was your Uncle the one who had the Lorikeet??

Jim

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Awww Hannah, my deepest condolences for the loss of your Uncle Peter. You've immortalized him in a very touching manner only a bird lover would understand. Welcome Peter and Cosmo!

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

Condolences to you Hannah on your loss of Uncle Peter :eek: Lovely budgies Peter and Cosmo are. Was your Uncle the one who had the Lorikeet??

Jim

Thank you for your kind words Jim. Yes it was one of my uncles who has the lorikeet (Bottle top). But thankfully she still has my other Uncle, who is her main human :)

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots

Awww Hannah, my deepest condolences for the loss of your Uncle Peter. You've immortalized him in a very touching manner only a bird lover would understand. Welcome Peter and Cosmo!

Thank you Scott for your kind words. Was heartbroken to loose my elderly Uncle, especially as I couldn?t go and visit him before he passed due to travel restrictions. He loved birds too, so I think he would have been chuffed that I have named a sweet little budgie after him.

Most Reactions

Latest posts