Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
It's been two years since we lost our pups at the ages of 15 and 16, and we were finally ready to add a new love to our family.

This is Remington (Remy for short). She is a Blue Merle Chihuahua, her Mom is a long haired Blue Merle and her Dad is a short haired fawn and white.
She is just over 15 weeks old and we adore her already:)

1661275419019.jpeg

1661275379061.jpeg

1661275493391.jpeg

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Oh my goodness is she CUTE!!!! ❀️❀️❀️
Congratulations on your new fluff ball :)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh my goodness is she CUTE!!!! ❀️❀️❀️
Congratulations on your new fluff ball :)
Thank you, Jon! We are both so excited, and she is such a good girl:)

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Hi (again) cutie! You have truly landed in the best spot, Terry is an amazing pet momma!

Terry, is your goal to introduce Remi to the birds/other pets (if you have them) eventually?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh my goodness, what a totally adorable little thing she is! Congratulations Terry, what a perfect addition to your family, and to Reg and your hearts as well - Remy is just precious!! :love:

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hi (again) cutie! You have truly landed in the best spot, Terry is an amazing pet momma!

Terry, is your goal to introduce Remi to the birds/other pets (if you have them) eventually?
Awww, thank you so much, Ollie:)
I doubt she will be introduced to the birds. They have our whole downstairs and she and the cat have the upstairs. She did meet the cat, and Meatloaf looked at me like, "Seriously?"

Oh my goodness, what a totally adorable little thing she is! Congratulations Terry, what a perfect addition to your family, and to Reg and your hearts as well - Remy is just precious!! :love:
Thank you Mart! We are absolutely in love. Reg sends me several messages a day to see how she is and so I can send him another pic:)
She was a really good choice for us because although she is a Chi, she looks nothing like Chazzie. I think that would have been too hard. This way she can just be herself without us unconsciously making comparisons to him:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Congratulations!!!! Little floof!
Thank you, Denise! She is quite floofy. I can't wait to see what she looks like grown.
Actually, I can wait...I am enjoying having a puppy now:)

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
She did meet the cat, and Meatloaf looked at me like, "Seriously?"
Cats are generally unimpressed by these types of shenanigans.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Cats are generally unimpressed by these types of shenanigans.
They sure are! Poor Meatloaf is 17, and hasn't been around a pup since she was little. The people we got Remy from also had kittens and she was used to playing with them. Meatloaf set her straight pretty quick that she was not interested in playing.

Aww! Such a cute pup! Her eyes are gorgeous:)
Thank you Anè!
Her eyes are full of emotion:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I think I need to update this thread:)

First, an update on Remy.
She is amazing, and so smart. She has gotten quite tall and at the vet visit today she weighed 4.5 lbs. She has never once used the bathroom in the house, and she stopped begging after 2 days. We feel sure that she is mixed with something, and that makes her even more special. She has stolen my heart.
Here is a recent pic:
1665177701878.jpeg

After we got Remy, we felt like she would benefit by having another puppy to play with. We haven't ever had just one dog and decided to get her a new friend. I found some precious female Chihuahuas for sale and we made arrangements to go see them so we could choose which one. I was sure we would get the black one.
We got there, and these 2 little girls were both so precious and had such different temperaments. Reg and I were there for an hour trying to decide, and the lady made us a deal we couldn't refuse so we brought them both home. They are from 2 different litters and 5 days apart in age.

Please meet Finley. She is 12 weeks old as of the 12th. She weighs 2.13 lbs. and has quite the personality. She will snap at the others if they get too close to her toy, but otherwise she is a suck...she wants to be cuddled all the time.

1665244966107.png

This is McKinlee. She weighs 2.06 lbs. and turned 12 weeks old on the 7th. She is a little sweetheart, both with us and with the other 2. They like to gang up on her to try to take her toys, but she isn't having any of that nonsense. She just runs to her Mama with her toy for me to pick them her up and protect her.

1665245101947.png

They somehow are all fitting together in Remy's bed, I have a larger one being delivered next week.

1665245231047.jpeg

It feels right to once again be a 3 dog family.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Ahhhhhhh the cutest little sisters and big sister too!
They are so perfect together, and Remy is thrilled to have new sisters:)

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Cutest little micro pack ever! (Meaning 8 whole pounds between them :)❀️πŸ₯° )

Most Reactions

Latest posts