IRN Not Adjusting Well?

Storm21

Jul 13, 2021
Parrots
Rico (Normal GCC) Storm (Turquoise IRN) Klaus (Parakeet) R2-D2 (Parakeet) Pikachu (Parakeet)
Hello!

I just wondering if anyone had any advice on what to do with my IRN baby (12 weeks old)? I brought her home about two weeks ago and she is still extremely skittish and timid, I have been unable to get anywhere near her cage without her flailing around. I have attempted to contact the breeder on what to do but they seem to have fallen off the face of the Earth. I had read that I should be able to just leave her cage door open so she can do whatever she wants. She will usually come out of her cage after an hour or so of the cage door being open. However, the problem is once she's out she will not stay on top of her cage nor any of her many playstands, she will instead fly around and run into things. So, this has caused me to be too nervous to let her out of her cage as I am worried about her own safety. I talk to her repeatedly and sit in the room with her, as well as I try to feed her treats but she won't take those either? I am sort of at a loss of what to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Latest posts