Is every other day too much?

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Hi folks,

I wanted to ask if taking my Quaker in the shower every other day is too much. I kind of just never put any thought into it, but saw someone recently say they only bathed their bird once a week… He likes it, so in he goes usually lol. He sits on his shower perch and just gets the spray that comes from the water hitting me. He does get thoroughly soaked though.

Is this too much, and if it is, how often should he go in? Attached picture of him soaking wet for fun.

AFF94D4D-59B8-49FC-ABBD-5315A765F8BD.jpeg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I don't think that is too much at all, as long as your bird is enjoying it (which looks to be the case!)
I give baths every 3 days normally, but am giving them every day with this heat spell they're having.

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
I don't think that is too much at all, as long as your bird is enjoying it (which looks to be the case!)
I give baths every 3 days normally, but am giving them every day with this heat spell they're having.
He loves his showers 😅 I praise him for getting in the bathroom and on the perch, so now as soon as he’s in he just starts muttering “Good boy… GOOD BOY…”

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
He loves his showers 😅 I praise him for getting in the bathroom and on the perch, so now as soon as he’s in he just starts muttering “Good boy… GOOD BOY…”
There is nothing I love more than a bird who enjoys a bath:)
He looks like he loves it from the expression on his sweet face.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
The joy of a wet Parrot!!
A true joy to behold!!

Late Spring till the chill of Fall begins to bite, as often as they want!!

During colder weather, may need to provide some drying and care to keep out of drafts.
Enjoy!!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
If the bird likes it....

It's fine

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
The joy of a wet Parrot!!
A true joy to behold!!

Late Spring till the chill of Fall begins to bite, as often as they want!!

During colder weather, may need to provide some drying and care to keep out of drafts.
Enjoy!!
Honestly, I love it so much 🥰 They’re so happy over a thing most of us take for granted.

Note taken! I do have a heat lamp that I put out where he can access it but also get away from it if it’s chilly. Thank you!!

Most Reactions