Is my Budgie sick or stressed?

Livy

Dec 23, 2020
Canada
Parrots
Dee (Dedede)
Hi! Me again! My Budgie Dee had been a bit off today, he's been really moody today and im not 100% sure why. For starters he is flapping his wings on the spot, he is squawking, he is trying to feed me? Oh he is also biting me, being overly affectionate, his poop is GREEN!? (Slightly but still) and he played with his toys for the first time today! Anyways im like super confused and should I be worried? Maybe he's just having a day, I started my school again this week (alternating days) so maybe its the change of schedule? Thanks. :blue2:

OP
L

Livy

Dec 23, 2020
Canada
Parrots
Dee (Dedede)
Poop is still a little green and he's still trying to feed me.. On another note he isn't squawking as of yet and he is now interested in his cage and toys! before he absolutely despised both. I have the weekend off so I'm really hoping to get his regular schedule back on track! He usually goes to bed around 8pm but has been staying up with me (cuddling) till around 10pm.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
My boys can try to rub on me with wings going as a substitute for a female..

If mine have eaten veggies sometimes poops are dark green brown . Is the poop the bullseye look, normal shape ?

Sometimes mine will hold a perch and really flap. Is he flighted?

Mostly this sounds like breeding behavior, abdvmale budgies seem to always be in the mood for love

OP
L

Livy

Dec 23, 2020
Canada
Parrots
Dee (Dedede)
Yup other than the slight discoloration he's just rlly uhhm Lonely I guess haha
But im so happy he's interested in his cage/toys!! He is very clingy and always hated being in his cage but im just so glad he's feeling more comfortable!!
Now the only things left are getting him used to veggies and fully converting his seeds to pellets! <-- Rlly struggling with that, he's stubborn

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
He sounds wonderful. Personally im ok with seeds for my budgies, tho they live veggies and leafy greens and boiled egg, and cook beans, oatmeal, and do nibble on pellets ( lije a snack)

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
If he has any access to hunts/tents etc--- remove them. They are dangerous but also encourage hormonal behavior (e.g., aggression, screaming etc). No access should be allowed to any sort if shadowy space in or outside the cage (boxes, laps with hair hanging down, under furniture, in drawers, under low shelves etc = all nestin/hormone triggers).

Also, if you touch him, head and neck only (rest is sexual)--if you are actually cuddling him, this is not good. Head and neck only...no matter how much he insists....you can't be his mate so you can't act like one because it will only lead to frustration and potentially even health problems down the road.

Finally, they need 10 hours of solid nightly sleep in a dark space and on a schedule. Sleep regulates immune health but also plays a HUGE role in regulating hormones.

I am not saying this is hormonal for sure, but even if it isn't what I said still applies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts