Is my Tiel not sleeping? ‼️

Safamirza🤍

Mar 26, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hello :) I have a male cockatiel named Kiko.

For all of this month, Kiko has been sleeping in our office room. Because of Ramadan, we wake up at around 4:30 am and since Kiko usually sleeps in the living room, he gets disturbed by us so we moved him upstairs. At first I thought he was fine because I would check in on him and he would be asleep but recently he has started to not sleep (I think!)

Kiko sleeps on this bridge that is hanging in his cage like a little bed. He never sleeps on the perch unless he is taking a little nap. Now, when I put him to sleep in his cage he stays on his perch and doesn’t go on his bed and I’m assuming he doesn’t sleep. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I go to check on him and he is on his perch, awake.

Should I be concerned? It has also gotten hotter where we live and the birds chirp early morning which scares him. We still have around a week left of Ramadan, so should I move him back to his original spot or let him be? What is concerning me is that I have noticed him taking more naps than usual during the day so I would assume he’s not sleeping enough at night?

Thanks to anyone who replies! 🦢

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
It is likely that he is not sleeping as well as he was. A change in location can cause them to not be as comfortable as normal. As a result they will sleep lighter or stay 'on-guard' with limited sleep.

With only a week left of Romadan, I would not change his location until it completion and your home returns to more normal.

Allow him to nap as needed in the mean time.

Not the best, but far from the worst change in schedule. At worst, he maybe a bit bitty for a bit.

OP
Safamirza🤍

Safamirza🤍

Mar 26, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
It is likely that he is not sleeping as well as he was. A change in location can cause them to not be as comfortable as normal. As a result they will sleep lighter or stay 'on-guard' with limited sleep.

With only a week left of Romadan, I would not change his location until it completion and your home returns to more normal.

Allow him to nap as needed in the mean time.

Not the best, but far from the worst change in schedule. At worst, he maybe a bit bitty for a bit.
Last night I put him in my brothers room and he ended up falling asleep for quite a while, but woke up my brother early morning 🤭

Most Reactions

Latest posts