Is this essential solution safe for my birds?

Iris227

Jun 1, 2022
Parrots
Mango - male opaline redhead lovebird; Frosty - male opaline blue whiteheaded lovebird; Muffin - wild green budgie; Cookie - lutino budgie
I recently bought an essential solution called 'Calm Retreat' (photo attached). It is a mix of essential oils and I am unsure if it is safe for my budgies, because there are 20+ solutions mixed into this product.
I don't use an oil diffuser, but rather a fan to diffuse essential oils. I put a few drops of it into water and then wet it in a piece of fabric, then attach the fabric onto the fan.
Also, what essential oils are safe for budgies?

Attachments

• 1654085712116.png
    1654085712116.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 47

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Conventional wisdom is that any scented product, candles, waxes, essential oils, cleaning products - anything with a smell is not good for parrots. We threw out a load of scented candles and have asked friends and family to not gift these items to us. they have extremely sensitive respiratory organs and should not be exposed to these.

OP
I

Iris227

Jun 1, 2022
Parrots
Mango - male opaline redhead lovebird; Frosty - male opaline blue whiteheaded lovebird; Muffin - wild green budgie; Cookie - lutino budgie
Oh, okay. Thanks!

Most Reactions