Is this normal for a molting budgie?

Novathekeet

Mar 14, 2021
My budgies left wing has all her primary feathers, while her left has none. She lost them all from molting, and seems healthy, I'm just worried cuz now she cant fly

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
not typical. Usually they loose one at time and alternate sides. As nature they would have to be able to fly to keep up with flock and escape predators.

A quick way to share pictures. Click go advanced under text box, then click paperclip, then choose picture , then hit upload on far right, when loads close window and post.

Maybe if we see what's going on we will hsve better idea.

What dies your bird eat? If you haven't yet offer leafy greens like romaine, bok choy, Swiss chard, hang the leaf or weave in cage bars. Budgies will nibble, and gives them lots of good nutrients and vitamins. My budgies eat every single veggies on the safe parrot list. they also like the rare raspberry, or blackberry, ir strawberries, or cranberry. No grapes, to sugary not enough nutrients.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Moldts shouldn't impact flight or leave bald patches. What you are describing is likely behavioral, nutrition-related, or viral.

Most Reactions

Latest posts