Is this okay?

Are the current window stickers alright?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (need more)

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Budgie_Addicted

Sep 7, 2021
Media
Australia, QLD
Parrots
Astro - violet yellow face budgie (juvenile male)
So basically, our house is sold (under contract sorta thing) and we are moving into our other small house temporarily. When I let my soon to be budgie fly in my room, I want to create a safe environment. So, I have put some stickers on my window. Are these enough? Originally I only had the budgie sticker, but it was definitely not enough.
1632201529388.png

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Being the Queen of Paranoia that I am (!), I'd tend to go for more. All of my windows are covered either with timber venetian blinds, net curtains or solid-coloured drapes, or they have that security mesh like yours has on the right, so they know there's no space where they can fly straight through - or at least try to! I'd go for more stickers if you can't put a net curtain up there, besides they're very pretty :)

OP
Budgie_Addicted

Budgie_Addicted

Sep 7, 2021
Media
Australia, QLD
Parrots
Astro - violet yellow face budgie (juvenile male)
Being the Queen of Paranoia that I am (!), I'd tend to go for more. All of my windows are covered either with timber venetian blinds, net curtains or solid-coloured drapes, or they have that security mesh like yours has on the right, so they know there's no space where they can fly straight through - or at least try to! I'd go for more stickers if you can't put a net curtain up there, besides they're very pretty :)
Okay, thank you. I guess theres no harm in getting more because they're so pretty! 😁

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
More! As someone whose bird just smacked his little beak on a glass door, they need more in order to recognize the window as something solid and not fly-thru-able. I have even shown Salty that windows are hard, but in a panic, they forget and try to whoosh right thru glass. More stickers or even a thin gauzy type curtain.

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
I just ordered some stickers for my windows. Everything I read says there should be marks every 2 to 4 inches apart, depending on the birds, because smaller birds will try to fly through smaller spaces. You don’t have to use stickers…you can put dots of tempera paint, put on stickers cut from frosted plastic, or use chart tape (1/4” wide tape) spaced every few inches. But especially for a short term place, marking with paint is cheap and effective.

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
My vote would be to go for simple curtains, that would be the absolute safest and best option! A simple white lacy curtain is totally cool - still see through but the bird can see there is something. Also often will soften the impact, if there is any.

In this case without the curtain, more stickers would be in order!

Most Reactions

Latest posts